Toys I Would Like To Throw Out Of The Window: Part 1

My daughter has this electronic toy turtle (given to her by my MIL, of course) that drives me crazy. The turtle has numbered buttons in different shapes and when you press them it says the number and the shape.

It also has a music button, when pressed it sings a song. Seems innocent enough right? Nooooo!

When the music button is pressed on that damn turtle, this lady who sounds like she just inhaled a tank of helium and drank too much expresso sings “Counting, counting, counting  is such fun. Count with me, let’s start with number 1….”.

The speaking voice is equally obnoxious. I don’t know where these companies get the people to sing for their toys but the madness needs to stop! Ahem.

Guess which button my daughter likes to press over and over and over again. I’ll give you a hint…counting, counting…

I’ve tried to hide this toy* but really I just want to throw it out of the window. Actually I’d rather let a hammer say hello and have it count how many times it smashes this toy. Now that would be music to my ears.

*My hubby finds it amusing that this toy drives me crazy. When I hide it, he’ll find it and put it back in our daughter’s toy box. I think he would enjoy a serenade from this turtle sometime in the middle of the night.

9 Responses to Toys I Would Like To Throw Out Of The Window: Part 1

1. Annie September 7, 2010 at 06:06 #

I think your asterisk suggestion is evil good fun! I’m not advocating it, of course. I’m just saying that if you do decide to go through with it, YouTube would be a good place to share the video footage. 🙂

That sounds like exactly the sort of thing that would drive me crazy, as well. Those toy makers are clearly sadists.

• Elle September 7, 2010 at 09:41 #

Lol, the toymakers *are* sadistic. I like the YouTube idea but then I’d probably get some crazy toy turtle activists after me. 😉

2. lisa September 7, 2010 at 09:32 #

LOL!!! Oh my, do I remember the toys my in-laws gave my boys! It was these unbelievably LOUD keyboards that had pre-programmed songs on them that I had the delight to hear every frickin’ morning!! 😛

Then there was the “popper” push toy…ahhh, the joyful memories!!

ps..here’s a helpful tip- I put duct tape over the speaker to lessen the volume! see if that helps some! 🙂

• Elle September 7, 2010 at 09:48 #

I wish I thought of using tape back when my little girl got this dreadful toy. 🙂 I don’t know why these toys don’t have a volume control. When they do it’s the choice of loud or louder.

3. neeroc September 8, 2010 at 06:02 #

The best part about those toys is when their batteries wear out.heh.
    The two that drive me nuts are light activated puzzles, but sun going behind the clouds and twilight also set them off if the puzzle pieces aren’t in place. I want to pitch them through the window.

• Elle September 8, 2010 at 09:58 #

Maybe I should just omit the batteries. Lol

4. Gina September 15, 2010 at 12:48 #

ROFLMAO!!!!! The Tot has a walker/activity center that plays music that can get annoying after a while. Best/Worst purchase was Baby Signing Time series. While her vocabulary has improved, if I have to hear “Put your figertips together for more, more, more” one more time I WILL need a psychiatric evaluation!

• Elle September 15, 2010 at 15:28 #

I actually have a Baby Signing Times dvd in my Amazon cart and was debating on whether or not I should get it. Now I know. 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Toys I Would Like To Throw Out Of The Window. Part 2 | This Is Mommyhood - September 30, 2010

[…] I don’t even know why we have it out after all this time. I would love to throw it out of the window. After thinking about it some more what I really would like to do is […]