Poop Talk.

A night in the life of two party animal parents…Hubby comes home from work.

Him: Did she poop today? Me: She did earlier this morning. Him: What was it like? Me: Oh, it was like rabbit pellets so that means she probably has another one coming later. Him: She didn’t poop yesterday. Me: No, actually she did, twice. Him: Really? What were they like?

Me: The first one was really mushy. Good thing she was wearing a onesie or else it could have leaked. I was pretty impressed AND it took three diaper wipes. Him: Wow, that is impressive! What about the second one?

M: That one was more of a ball. H: What was the color like? M: It was dark brown but she must not have chewed her steamed carrots very well because there were orange lumps in it.

H: What did she have for lunch? M: She ate mac n’ cheese, avocado, and crackers but she didn’t care for her sliced bananas. H: We’ll let her have a banana break this week, maybe then she’ll want them next week. M: We should make sure to get some blueberries when we go to the store since she’s really liking them lately. H: Did the cat do anything today? M: How am I supposed to know what the cat did? I barely had time to pee.

After hubby puts her to bed….

M: Did she go to sleep right away? H: Yeah, she was a tired little girl. M: Did she drink her whole bottle? H: Almost, but she was falling asleep. M: Did you make sure to put lotion on her cheeks? I noticed they were a little dry. H: Yes. M: But did you remember to rub it in this time? H: I rubbed the lotion in. M: Did you brush her hair? H: Yesssss! M: Okay, just asking because I know how you forget. Do you have the baby monitor?

H: It’s already downstairs. M: Do you want to watch Weeds? H: Sure. M: Did you hear that? I think she’s still up. Maybe we should wait to watch Weeds until we know that she’s asleep. H: Let me go check.

H: Well she’s awake and bouncing around in her crib. M: But is she happy or was she whining. Because if she was whining then maybe we should hold off on watching Weeds. H: She seemed happy. If we’re going to watch it tonight then we better do it now since it’s getting so late (8pm). M: I can’t find the new episode on the DVR. H: Let me see the remote.

M: I think I know how to work a remote. H: I know, I just want to see something. M: Fine, but I’m telling you it’s not on the DVR. I think I forgot to record it. H: Then it should be On Demand…..I don’t see it on here though. M: Oh! I remember, they skipped last week. *Hubby walks upstairs to get ready for bed*

I go to the kitchen, grab some chocolate and start watching Sweet Home Alabama for the millionth time. Not long after, I hear the hubby upstairs snoring like a bear.

Total party animals….

12 Responses to Poop Talk.

1. eatmovewrite September 18, 2010 at 16:16 #

Wow. You might be too wild of a woman for me to read. :p

2. lisa September 19, 2010 at 10:53 #

This is great stuff, Elle! 🙂 You’ll love looking back at this and realize just how fast this time really does pass…Love the rhythm of convo between you two! Just imagine the party you’ll be having once she’s out of diapers!! 😛

It’s not that it gets better…the topics simply change!

If I’m up til 11pm, it’s a miracle!

ps…thanks so much for the award! that was so very sweet of you! I will get to accepting it soon, I promise! been super swamped this weekend!

• Elle September 19, 2010 at 11:33 #

I’m looking forward to potty training and then again not so much because of having to dump (heh) out the potty chair. Weak stomach=lots of dry heaving. Last week we let the little girl run around w/o her diaper for a few minutes and she pooped on the floor. lol

My hubby cleaned it up since I couldn’t stop gagging. She hasn’t done it in the bathtub…yet. I’m still waiting. Then yesterday she peed on the floor. 😛

3. waj306 September 20, 2010 at 08:13 #

LOL. You two are party animals! About how wild we are… and add a little falling asleep on the couch in for me. 😉

• Elle September 20, 2010 at 10:52 #

I sometimes end up falling asleep on the couch when everyone else is in bed because I need alone time and watch t.v. or read. The other night I was so tired but determined to read a little. I only got to the second page of a magazine, fell asleep, and woke up 3 hours later. 🙂

4. waj306 September 20, 2010 at 08:14 #

Oh and we just had our first bathtub poop a couple months ago… made it about 2 years!!!!!

• Elle September 20, 2010 at 10:55 #

Oh no! *gag* 😉 I know that day will come with my little girl.

5. misslexywoo October 12, 2010 at 11:46 #

ha ha brilliant! This is the topic of many conversations in our house too! and sweet home alabama is my favourite film!

‘so i can kiss you anytime i liiike’ i cant do the accent. but you know what i mean! have you seen the alternate ending? awful!! x

• Elle October 12, 2010 at 16:52 #

I love that movie and have watched it countless times. It never gets old. I’ve never seen the alternate ending before.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Thanksgiving is Gonna Rock Me Like A Hurricane. A Hurricane That Is Insulting And Has No Tact. But A Hurricane Nonetheless. Part 2 | This Is Mommyhood - November 16, 2010

[…] places upstairs, can you believe what celebrity couple broke up this week, or our daughter’s poop. I don’t mind my hubby talking to his dad about environmentally green toilets. But when that […]

2. I’m thinking…ruh roh. « This Is Mommyhood - April 3, 2011

[…] for unneccessary comments while watching television, strange things my daughter puts in my shoe, poopy diapers, toddler […]