Toys I Would Like To Throw Out Of The Window. Part 2

I love penguins so when I saw a plastic wobble penguin in a toy store last year, I was interested. Then I saw that it seemed kind of lame and it didn’t do anything so I put it back on the shelf. When my daughter had her 1st birthday, guess what one of her gifts was? Yep! And guess who it was from? Yep! My MIL. The woman is out to get me.

The hubby took it out of the box and sure it was cute but when he put it down on the floor, it just sat there. What is the point of this toy (which by the way was almost as big as my daughter)? That wasn’t all, unbeknownst to me it had a button underneath and has sound effects. It plays this creepy clown music and some creepy sounding, psycho murdering clown says whooo hooo, wheeeeee when you smack it.

And smack it I did, over and over, across the room. When we showed it to the little girl, it scared the bejeebus out of her. It sat in the corner of her room and on one stressful day I decided to turn it on and kick it around a little. My daughter had been cranky and I was frazzled so when she saw me doing this, she thought it was so funny. The harder I kicked it the harder she laughed. Did I mention my MIL was visiting…and had been at our house for several days?

I needed some alone time with my daughter since my MIL likes to be thisclose. I felt like Bear Grylls from Man vs. Wild as I stealthily threw her off my trail, making my way upstairs with my little cub. So I was able to let off some steam and my daughter got a good laugh, it was a win-win. Thank you pointless toy!

My daughter still doesn’t care for it and I don’t even know why we have it out after all this time. I would love to throw it out of the window. After thinking about it some more what I really would like to do is this….

Wait, before I go any further I need to put up a RED ALERT. This isn’t for the faint of heart. So in my deranged mind I would love to take a serrated knife to it. Just picture bits of plastic flying all over, like how Edward Scissorhands would be with toys. All the while I would be saying in my best impression of a creepy, psycho murdering clown, whooooo hooooooo, wheeeee!

What toys drive you crazy?

8 Responses to Toys I Would Like To Throw Out Of The Window. Part 2

1. Mandi October 2, 2010 at 17:01 #

Oh that MIL! I’m suuure she got it because she knows you loves penguins. LOL. I think I want to hear this toy!
    Luckily I can live with all the ones we have.

• Elle October 2, 2010 at 18:14 #

Lol! I was writing a part 3 and realized she got the little girl that toy too. The MIL is trying to drive me crazy and it’s working. 🙂

2. Wombat Central October 5, 2010 at 08:35 #

My MIL bought us (pre-kids) Bop It years ago. It’s kinda fun for a couple minutes, but then you want to toss it out the window (or set it on fire). Not too long ago, she mentioned getting the kids the latest (with still more annoying noises) Bop It toy, and I couldn’t jump on that one fast enough to tell her she bought us one already. Crisis averted.

Knife away, sister. That penguin sounds like he deserves to be dismembered.

• Elle October 5, 2010 at 10:30 #

I remember the Bop It. Years ago a couple we knew just had a baby and it gave they guy an excuse to buy one for the newborn. lol He would play with the Bop It whenever we were over and it drove me crazy.

I love the idea of setting it on fire. 😉 I’m sure my MIL will get that for my daughter since she’s the one who buys all of the annoying toys.

3. michelle October 5, 2010 at 10:09 #

Hey. I know all about this lame-ass penguin. WE have one. I HATE him. SO hard.

And guess who gave it to my girl for her 1st birthday?

Mmmhmm. Inlaws.

Is there some kind of magazine that I don’t know about? A secret society or something?

• Elle October 5, 2010 at 12:03 #

That’s too funny…well not for you. 😉 There has to be some kind of magazine or newsletter that goes out to in-laws so they will buy these awful toys to torture us.

4. Fête Foreign March 25, 2011 at 12:42 #

I like your sense of humor!!

• Elle March 25, 2011 at 19:52 #