Don’t Fret, It’s Music Sunday! Portishead, This Mortal Coil, Kate Bush, & Sia

*Three of the videos had a copyright so I couldn’t embed them onto my blog.

Portishead- Glory Box

I’m going to make this short since I haven’t been feeling very good for several days. I’ve been having major side effects with my birth control pill and it seems like it first started after I had my daughter. It’s like my body reacts differently to the pill now.

I just started taking a new one and it’s even worse. I feel like a ball of crazy 24/7 and have a lot of other side effects. The doctors I’ve mentioned this to since back in January have told me the pill shouldn’t give me these problems. But for the past week that I’ve been complaining on Facebook and Twitter, I’ve had several women tell me otherwise. I’m sure you can guess who I’m going to believe. Of course it’s doctors…NOT!

On Saturday I started feeling worse. We’re talking OMG kill me now, these cramps and nausea are horrible and I can’t take it anymore, lay on the bed with a heating pad and moan in pain worse. So yeah, I’m stopping this pill and going back to the one I was on previously until I see my doctor. Or maybe I should just stop it all together and have another baby. Hmmm……

I hope everyone has a great week!

This Mortal Coil – Song To The Siren

Kate Bush – This Woman’s Work

Sia – Breathe Me

6 Responses to Don’t Fret, It’s Music Sunday! Portishead, This Mortal Coil, Kate Bush, & Sia

1. Melissa B. October 24, 2010 at 06:20 #

I’ve been under the weather myself lately. Feel better real soon. Perhaps the music will cheer you up?

2. misslexywoo October 24, 2010 at 07:06 #

The pill is evil
    I have the coil.
    This too is evil.
    I may one day try the injection, but if this is evil there is nothing i can do, and i dont like the sound of an implant.

People always tell me i look like Kate Bush.
    I love that Sia song!

I hope you feel better soon sweetie pie. i am sending you big hugs xx

3. lisa October 25, 2010 at 07:41 #

Ok Elle- AGAIN I am blown away by the strange things you and I have in common! This Mortal Coil!!! I just listened to that last week…haven’t listened to it in years! I was introduced to them by an old boyfriend…I don’t know anyone else that has even heard of them! But now you! 🙂

And the Kate Bush song is my absolute favorite! Did you ever see that 80’s movie with Kevin Bacon- She’s Having a Baby? Ohhh that amount of times I replayed this song on my cassette player! (remember those??)

Thanks for a great flashback! Hope you feel better sooner than later!

• Elle October 25, 2010 at 14:10 #

I love that movie. That scene where they play This Woman’s Work makes me cry every time. It wasn’t until years later that I found out who did the song. Back in 2000 they played Song Of The Siren on some perfume commercial and I loved it. I had no idea if it was just for that commercial or if it was an actual song. After alot of digging I found This Mortal Coil’s cd and have loved them since (along w/ their band Cocteau Twins). 🙂

Right now I’m counting down the hours until my hubby gets home so I can curl back up in bed. My body is still boycotting this awful b.c. pill.

4. Mandi October 26, 2010 at 09:50 #

I hope you are feeling better by now!!!! If not, I say you give up and go for #2 😉

• Elle November 4, 2010 at 02:22 #

I am so tempted to do that. 😀