Behold, the most awesome Christmas decoration. More like an Xmas decoration.

My mom has had a Christmas decoration for years that I’ve had my eye on.

It’s the kind of thing that made me tell her she had to leave it for me in her will. When my younger sister got older, she also realized just how awesome it was and wanted it.

I was afraid it would go to her but alas, my mom told me a few months ago that she’s sending it to me in time for Christmas this year.

I’ve been on the edge of my seat waiting to get my, ahem, hands on it.

Then on Wednesday a very special package arrived. At first I thought it was some Christmas gifts I ordered. When I saw it was from my mom, I sliced through that box like I was Edward Scissorhands.

It got my daughter’s attention right away. I had to tell her she will have to wait until she’s 40, at least, until she can have this very special decoration.

Without further ado, I give you the most awesome Christmas decoration I’ve ever seen.

*Thanks, mom! Love you!

22 Responses to Behold, the most awesome Christmas decoration. More like an Xmas decoration.

1. By Word of Mouth December 13, 2010 at 04:34 #

I think that it is extremely important that you put it straight onto the tree – high up somewhere and resist the ‘urge’ to get it down 🙂

• Elle December 13, 2010 at 10:12 #

Lol! I’m glad it doesn’t require batteries as they can be so expensive. 😉

2. Karin December 13, 2010 at 09:53 #

OMGoodness, this is AWESOME!! Would love to know where this came from!

• Elle December 13, 2010 at 10:15 #

My mom said she got it at an arts & crafts fair years ago and the special qualties of this decoration is what stood out for her. 😀

3. Michelle December 13, 2010 at 12:31 #

I…was not prepared for this.

I…

Huh.

(Leaving me speechless is NOT an easy feat.)

• Elle December 13, 2010 at 22:42 #

I had the same reaction when my mom first got this decoration.

4. Kat December 13, 2010 at 12:46 #

My mother goes to craft fairs all the time and I am going to have her scour!!! SCOUR, ya hear me!!! the craft fairs to find me one of these. I. Must. Have. One.

• Elle December 13, 2010 at 22:44 #

LOL! My mom told me that the other Christmas gourds she saw at the fair were normal but this one really stood out. heh

5. Mandi December 13, 2010 at 17:14 #

Oh who would ever make such a thing???? That’s freakin awesome.

• Elle December 13, 2010 at 22:46 #

It was some lady making these and it seems she had only one thing on her mind. 😉

6. EL December 13, 2010 at 17:21 #

OMG!! Awesomest decoration ever!

• Elle December 13, 2010 at 22:53 #

I agree! 🙂

7. Cassie December 13, 2010 at 21:41 #

Ohmygawd! STOP!!
    You crack me up!
    Please tell me its on your tree right now??

• Elle December 13, 2010 at 22:47 #

My daughter literally goes crazy for it so it’s currently sitting on our kitchen counter, out of her reach. 🙂

8. themomsmith December 13, 2010 at 21:43 #

Nothing quite says Christmas like a Santa with a penis coming out of his head. I love the white fluff on the tip. It has a je ne sais quoi about it. Truly.

Congrats on scoring this one from your sister! My sister and I would have gone head-to-head for this one too.

I said head.

Heh.

• Elle December 13, 2010 at 22:49 #

Hehe! The white on the tip, I mean top, is what really brings it all together. 😀

9. Wombat Central December 14, 2010 at 12:37 #

The funniest part is that is was probably some elderly woman who painted it who had no clue what she really, um… had her hands on. ZOMG!

• Elle December 14, 2010 at 17:39 #

I know! It would seem like that would be, erm, hard to do though. Maybe she just wanted to screw with people. 😉

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto. And why my brother-in-law is living up to his name, yet again. | This Is Mommyhood - December 19, 2010

[…] our mail to my in-laws. This year when my mom sent us our cards along with the most awesome Xmas decoration, she made sure to get a tracking […]

2. Yippee Ki Yay Motherf*cker! | This Is Mommyhood - December 4, 2012

[…] Peeny and the elf are together at last. […]

3. Ride ‘Em Cowboy | The Daily Tic - December 7, 2012

[…] Peeny and the elf are together at last. […]

4. The Elf On The Shelf And Peeny: Past Adventures | This Is Mommyhood - December 1, 2014

[…] Behold, The Most Awesome Christmas Decoration. More like an Xmas Decoration. […]