Is that a graham cracker in your shoe or are you just happy to see me?

*I say ‘one time’ so much, I keep thinking “This one time, at band camp…”

Once my daughter started crawling, baby gates went up and everything was fenced. She would still manage to get ahold of things like the remote control or our cell phones. If we dared to leave a magazine or book out, it would get chewed on and ripped.

Then she started walking. Ruh roh! She loves getting into her dresser and taking every single thing out of it. We put latches on it and she’s still able to pull things out in the time it takes me to pee.

She also likes to get into her closet, where half of her clothes hang at her level, and takes all of her clothes off of the hangers.

The little hummingbird also takes things and puts them in her diaper pail. There have been more than a few times when I’ll wash her diapers and have found all kinds of things including toys, stickers, and legos in the pail.

Once I saw that she threw in the remote control to our new television after I pressed the ON button to the washer. Luckily, it made it out in time.

Her favorite thing to do is ambush the refrigerator as soon as I open it. She’ll grab things in the door like the mustard or salad dressing and then hide it.

One time she ran up and grabbed a coke then ran off into the living room. She came back seconds later with a drink coaster and the coke, set the coaster down on the kitchen floor, and set the coke on top of it. That’s my girl!

Since she loves taking off her clothes, I spend a lot of time going through the house finding missing socks and shirts. Yesterday she was playing in the living room while I was making her lunch.

When I came to get her, she was shirtless and I looked everywhere for her missing shirt. I finally found it stored away in her play kitchen cabinet.

The little hummingbird has really been into playing dress up and with that she has also been learning to share with inanimate objects, like shoes. The other day she was trying to put her rainboots on by herself and was playing with some cat toys that disappeared.

When I was picking up later that night, I came across one of her rainboots and found this inside:

We were on our way to her music and movement class last week and I was putting on my fake Uggs. I felt something weird, along with a crunch.

When I took it off, I found that my little girl wanted to share her graham crackers with my shoe (we were rushing out the door so the picture’s dark but I couldn’t pass up the Kodak moment):

Last year my sister, whose kids are 3 and almost 5, found that one of her kids peed in her shoes. Bwahahaha! Yes, I’m evil.

~~~

What have your kids done that left you scratching your head? Pets count too.

It would never fail that every week after I washed the sheets and blankets, my cat would jump on the nice, clean bed and puke up hairballs. Not just once either. She would puke a little, walk a few inches, then puke up the rest of her hairball. Sometimes in 3 or 4 spots.

I would clean it up which means I would usually talk my hubby into cleaning it up and since I didn’t want to drag the blanket back downstairs to the dryer, I would get out my blow dryer and stand there drying the spots while thinking why in the hell can’t my cat puke on the blanket before I wash it.

I guess that wouldn’t be any fun and it would be way too convenient.

~~~

And just because, here are some photos of the little hummingbird with an early 2nd BIRTHDAY!! present, a playhouse. I so want to move in, especially when my husband snores at night.

Hello?! Anyone there? My parents are crazy, they won't let me watch Caillou as much as I want. Help!

Would you like some tea?

Hello?! Anyone there? The little hummingbird rings the doorbell over and over and over. Help!

10 Responses to Is that a graham cracker in your shoe or are you just happy to see me?

1. Quart March 24, 2011 at 02:11 #

She is so adorable!! My kids have hidden remotes for days – very scary. A friend of mine couldn’t find her engagement ring for a year and a half. Her daughter had hidden it in the heating register in their floor!

• Elle March 24, 2011 at 23:40 #

I freak when my daughter hides the remotes and then we’re stuck watching Sprout which plays the dreaded Caillou. 😉

2. Kara March 24, 2011 at 13:41 #

Hahah she is awesome!
    I don’t have children, but I have a pug dog that is too smart for his own good. He becomes very resentful if he doesnt get his way, and knows that pooping in/on things really bugs me! So my boyfriend was packing a bag for us to go on vacation, and the dog seeing this assumes he will be left alone. When my bf went to get clothes from the laundry, he came back in the room where the bag was and found the dog sitting merrily next to it. On closer inspecting, a brand new, gross pile of poop was in the bottom of the bag! Yep, you guessed it, the dog was annoyed that “his bag” wasnt being packed so he climbed in bf’s and pooped, then climbed out and sat next to it waiting to watch the reaction!
    We have wised up to his antics, and you will never find a bag or suitcase on the floor of our house.
    So glad you survived the in-laws visit, have been keeping up with the blog making sure you made it through!!!

• Elle March 24, 2011 at 23:50 #

Okay you win, dog poop is MUCH worse than kid pee! Maybe your dog loves you so much he just wanted to give you something to remember him by while you were away. ;D

Your dog is more than welcome to come over the next time my in-laws are here. I’ll have one of their bags ready for him. hehehe.

• Kara March 25, 2011 at 09:07 #

Ahh sensational! I feel like my in-laws may be from the same hell tree yours stemmed from! Although, mine wont drive 5 hours to come visit me (because its too far) yet I am expected to drive there and visit them at least once a month! Shove that where it fits, its the same distance both ways! Bahahaha. Gotta train my dog to poop in their bed! Yep, thats a good one! Thanks for the idea!!

3. AJ March 26, 2011 at 22:11 #

When my oldest was 3 my mother decided it was past time to get rid of the binkies. So after going over the entire house and cleaning his room to find them all she made a big deal with him about cutting them up and throwing them away. He did great and wasn’t upset at all. Then everyday for the next week out of no where he would show up with a binky, we still have no idea where he had them hid and he is now 15.

• AJ March 26, 2011 at 22:11 #

And we had no clue he had so many of them either, LoL.

• Elle March 27, 2011 at 17:10 #

Reading this made my day, that’s so funny. 😀

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Dear PR people….you must be smoking crack. « This Is Mommyhood - March 28, 2011

[…] I recently stumbled upon your blog, This Is Mommyhood, and found your post on your daughter, “Is that a graham cracker in your shoe or are you just happy to see me?” both informative and inspiring! I certainly share your passion for pursuing a healthy and happy […]

2. I’m thinking…ruh roh. « This Is Mommyhood - April 3, 2011

[…] and different. Wanting to strangle my hubby for unneccessary comments while watching television, strange things my daughter puts in my shoe, poopy diapers, toddler […]