Dear PR people….you must be smoking crack.

I think The Bloggess is the most awesome writer and love it when she writes about crazy PR people. This post she wrote still has me cracking up and I’ve been inspired by her to write about my own dealings with PR. The emails I get from them are minuscule compared to The Bloggess but I thought I’d share one I got last week.

I usually find these PR letters to be hilarious and don’t even bother responding, I just hit delete. They pick some of the most random posts to mention that they obviously don’t read.

In December I got an email from a company saying how much they enjoyed my post, The Bad, and that they found it funny. Um, that was a post about my aunt passing away. PR FAIL!

So back to the recent PR email I got. I’m not using this woman’s full name but find it ironic that her initials are B.S.

Dear Elle,

My name is BS and I work with *delete*- a natural and organic skincare brand. I recently stumbled upon your blog, This Is Mommyhood, and found your post on your daughter, “Is that a graham cracker in your shoe or are you just happy to see me?” both informative and inspiring! I certainly share your passion for pursuing a healthy and happy lifestyle, and admire your dedication to sharing your knowledge with the public.

*She goes on to say, in a big ass paragraph, how awesome this lotion they have is*

I would love to send you a bottle! If you are interested, please drop me a line with your mailing address and contact information.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to write. I hope to hear from you soon, happy blogging!

All the best,

BS

First off, what the what? Secondly, maybe I should rethink the titles of my posts. As usual, I wasn’t going to respond but decided what the hell.

Hi B,

I have a question about the Bergamot Body Lotion. Since I’m so busy during the day with my daughter, I don’t always have time to eat, so I make my own edible body lotion. That way I can moisturize and have a quick snack at the same time. Is your product edible? If not, do you think I would suffer any serious side effects if ingested?

Thanks a bunch,

Elle

*UPDATE. BS actually replied…

Hi Elle,

Thank you for your interest! Unfortunately, we cannot recommend eating our products. They are made with 100% natural and organic ingredients, but they have not been approved for ingestion. Would you like to try the lotion despite this fact? Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,

BS

I haven’t heard back from BS and didn’t expect to but damn, since I had to skip breakfast to make it on time for the little hummingbird’s class this morning, edible body lotion sure would come in handy right now.

P.S. not BS I know there are sites that have edible loti…wait! I mean I have a “friend” that knows there are sites that have edible lotions.

But I’m thinking of something that comes in those travel size containers; it’s a whole meal and you can just gulp it down. Like that gumball in Willy Wonka but I’m a weirdo and don’t care for gum. I do love me some Razzles though because it’s a candy and then a gum.

If you notice you have dry hands while eating this stuff, all the better.

I’d also prefer it to have some kind of small child repellant so I can actually have it to myself. On most mornings when I give my little girl breakfast, she won’t eat much.

As soon as I get cereal or make some toast for myself, her refusal to eat turns into ohmygawdimstarving and then she eats most of what I have and then ohmygawdimstarving. This goes for any time I try to eat in her presence. I should only weigh 10 pounds by now.

9 Responses to Dear PR people….you must be smoking crack.

1. Jess March 28, 2011 at 17:57 #

HILARIOUS.

2. Mcai7td3 March 28, 2011 at 20:12 #

Hehe I know exactly what you mean!! Baby can’t talk at all yet but I regularly find myself getting to 1pm realising I’ve had no breakfast and then to 4pm realising I’ve had no lunch! I’ve never had any dealings with PR people but they seem very pushy! Love the post!!

• Elle March 29, 2011 at 11:28 #

There are a lot of times I don’t have lunch until 4 or 5 pm. By that time my hubby will be home and say we’re going to have dinner in a few hours, I should just wait…then I eat him. 😉 But he gets SO grouchy if he has to wait to eat even 10 minutes past his lunch or dinner time.

3. Kathryn March 29, 2011 at 04:16 #

Hi!! I found your blog through Heather Spohr’s. After spending the last hour or so reading through it, here are my thoughts:

1. Your daughter is insanely cute!!! Did she inherit her amazing eyes from you or your husband or are they all her?
    2. The story of your MIL pooping on your carpet had me crying!!! I have been with my husband for almost 9 years, we have been married for almost 1. I have not met his MIL (she lives in AZ, we are in Germany). I am meeting her for the first time this summer!!! My fingers are crossed it goes well! Either way, she’s in AZ and we’re in Germany! 🙂
    3. I have social anxiety too. Just like you said, it unfortunately comes across to others as I’m just a bitch. This is hard because my husband is a social butterfly!
    4. I hate trolls!!! I am convinced there are people out there that have absolutely no life and all they do is comment negatively on blogs to stir shit up and to just be assholes! Puck ‘em! 😉
    5. MILITARY WIVES ROCK!!!! My Mom put in over 30 years and my sister’s coming up on 10.
    6. My husband also snores and I too have thought about using duct tape on him! 🙂

Final thought…I love your blog!!! It’s going under my fav’s for sure!

Have a great day!

• Elle March 29, 2011 at 11:24 #

Thanks so much! My daughter has my eyes but mine actually turned green about 10 years ago, weird. You’re lucky that your MIL lives so far away from you but I’m sure she’ll be fine. If she’s OBSESSED with all things that have to do with turtles, you might want to run though. 😉

My husband isn’t really social but he can think of things to say and I’ll just be standing there quietly and counting down the minutes when we can leave, especially when it comes to military events. I just don’t feel like I fit in with the other military wives.

I’ve had friends tell me, once they get to know me (and at that point I never shut up), that when they first met me, they thought I was mad or something and I would tell them I was just really effing nervous. 🙂 I do hate that social anxiety makes me appear so cold and uninterested but I’m really just terrified of doing or saying something stupid. So I do all of that on my blog instead. 😀

4. AJ March 29, 2011 at 14:10 #

So feel ya on the eating thing. In fact, the only way Jax will eat eggs is if every bite comes off of my plate.

• Elle March 29, 2011 at 16:40 #

My daughter has to eat dinner before my hubby and I because she will have a fit if we don’t hand over our plates. And since I’m starving by then and would consider eating my hand, we’re going to stick with that for a little while. 😉

5. Jean C. April 2, 2011 at 23:56 #

Love it. I had someone try to sell me a third phone today when there are only 2 people in my house and we both have phones. Her comment? “You could share it when you travel.” Really. Um. No. LOL

Good luck with the PR Weirdos!

6. MrsMosby April 7, 2011 at 21:44 #

I just stumbled upon your blog tonight and I’m staying up way too late reading it. 🙂 Your posts are hilarious! I was seriously laughing out loud during this one. My daughter is 18 months so I can relate to a lot of what your daughter does. I love the part about having a small child repellant in it, and my daughter also loves to eat whatever I decide to eat AFTER she just barely ate any of her own meal. Ha ha, so true!! We should weigh 10 pounds! Love your blog! And yay for Army wives!!