I’m thinking…ruh roh.

I know, I can’t believe this is my second post of the day. I won’t do it again. Well, maybe, maybe not.

This isn’t even a real post but I’ve been thinking about something recently and need to ask what you think.

When I began my blog, I used to always compare myself to the awesome and established bloggers.

I’m finally over that now but for the past few weeks I’ve been questioning myself when it comes to what I write. There are several blogs I love that write about normal and sweet things.

I’m all over the board when it comes to what I write about and every now and then what I write might be considered normal and sweet…maybe, kind of?

My daughter’s 2nd BIRTHDAY!! is coming up in less than two weeks so I’m sure I’ll be all mushy.

She also has her first haircut next weekend which I’m hyperventilating over because that means she’s not a baby anymore.

It’s only going to be a teeny tiny trim, nothing major, but I’m still walking around the house saying “Noooo, not my babeh!”

Where was I? Oh yeah, most of what I write is, well, a lot a little weird and different. Wanting to strangle my hubby for unneccessary comments while watching television, strange things my daughter puts in my shoe, poopy diapers, toddler PMS…..

I’m starting to think maybe I should just write like a normal person.

My husband has heard me talk about this several times so instead of having him strangle me over talking about it, what do you think?

Should I keep on keeping on being um, different or try my hand at normal, whatever that is?

*I know I should (and will) write whatever I feel like but lately, since I’ve been feeling like the odd one out, I wanted another opinion besides my husband saying “Can’t you see I’m trying to sleep?! Why do you always bring up these things now?”

12 Responses to I’m thinking…ruh roh.

1. Marianna Annadanna April 3, 2011 at 14:19 #

Stick with whatever makes you happy!

I read a whole range of blogs, but the main theme among them is random sarcastic humour. Seems to me that you’ll have that style no matter what you write about, so I’m all for it.

Maybe pick a day to be “normal”? Like Mainstream Mondays. Then you can try it out without having to fully commit. 🙂

2. Wombat Central April 3, 2011 at 17:36 #

Girl, if you ever figure out what “normal” is, please let me know. I like your blog just the way it is, and I’m pretty sure I’m not alone on that. 🙂

3. neeroc April 3, 2011 at 18:03 #

Normal is highly overrated.

I’d ask why you want to change. Are you doing it for you, for your readers, because you think you should, or maybe to stretch yourself? Then ask yourself why you write. Is it a challenge, does it make you happy, are you recording memories or is it all about readership? The two should mesh (IMO)

4. Elle April 3, 2011 at 19:54 #

Thank you all for your opinion! I’m happy with what I write and blog stats (or lack of) don’t bother me like it used to. The last couple of days I’ve been reading some new blogs and since the moms on those write about more motherly type things, I was starting to question myself even though I know I’m never going to be like that.

Then I talked to my mom earlier today. She told me to stick with what I write and to not change anything. 😉

5. Jo April 3, 2011 at 22:55 #

I don’t check in to read normal or super sweet, I like the randomness of your posts, a bit like life really, some normal some not so normal, keep ’em coming!

• Elle April 4, 2011 at 00:20 #

Thanks so much, Jo! 😀

6. Mandi April 4, 2011 at 18:36 #

100% keep writing about all that it is you write about! I don’t want it to change for a second.

• Elle April 5, 2011 at 15:04 #

You’re my girl! <3 🙂

7. Kara April 4, 2011 at 18:49 #

Stick with what you are doing… it suckered me in!
    No truly, I love the raw honesty of your posts. I love that they are interesting and not the same as every other blogger. I love that you are pure and honest… even if it is about poop! (Particularly the next post about your husband not refilling stuff. I hear you. My boyfriend is what I like to call the “human tornado”… he just whirlwinds through and creates a trail of destruction behind him! He cannot pick something up and put it back in the same place… aghrr! I got a little sidetracked, sorry…)
    But truly, post whatever you like… readers will read because they like what you say!!

• Elle April 5, 2011 at 15:03 #

I always say to myself that my hubby is a hurricane and a tornado combined because every weekend, our house becomes such a mess and he always leaves water on the counter by the sink so whenever I lean over to pick something up, my shirt gets drenched. 😉

8. themomsmith April 4, 2011 at 23:30 #

Always do you.

That’s what she said.

No, really. That’s what she said.