My husband seems to have a problem when it comes to refilling anything. The hand soap, putting on a new roll of toilet paper, diaper wipes, paper towels, and on it goes.

He had put the little hummingbird down for a nap yesterday a nap she never took because ahhh! she rarely naps anymore and changed her diaper before laying her down. Then he went outside for awhile to work on some lesson plans for his class.

The hummingbird was bouncing around her crib and when I walked into her room to check on her, I smelled that her diaper was a ginormous doozy.

She just loves to stick her hand in her diaper once I open it up so before I even got her out of her crib, I went to take some wipes out to get ready for a fast wipe down.

That’s when I saw my hubby left me with this:

One freaking wipe. I guess one is better than none but why in the world is it so hard for him to refill this stuff?

Did he suffer some traumatic event in his childhood that causes him to leave one wipe, one sheet of toilet paper, and one paper towel on the roll?

Does he have some kind of refill phobia? Paper phobia? Perhaps a liquid soap phobia? Enquiring minds want to know!

My husband also seems to have a problem with hanging up clothes and folding laundry. To his credit, he does help with laundry but it looks like he literally throws the clothes onto hangers.

I end up having to go back and redo most things. When I’ve pointed this out to him before, he saw nothing wrong with how he folds and hangs clothes.

Let me submit this picture into evidence:

It was taken about a year and a half ago it’s the only photographic proof I have since I don’t normally take a picture of the way my hubby hangs up clothes every time. what do you think I am? a crazy person? okay, don’t answer that. and when I saw how he just threw the little hummingbird’s shirt onto a hanger, I tried to fix it. He got all defensive so I did what anyone else would do.

I let him keep it that way and he hung up our little girl’s clothes in her closet.

Then I waited until he went downstairs, crept into her room while she slept, took the shirt from her closet, went out into the hallway to take a picture, fixed the shirt, then put it back into her closet.

Totally sane. That’s me!

7 Responses to I’m convinced my husband’s brain is wired in such a way that he never feels the need to refill anything, ever.

1. Jean C. April 4, 2011 at 23:24 #

LOL yes! that was great! Why do we always feel like we have to covertly fix the hubbs’ mistakes… it’s like we like them to think they are useful! 🙂

• Elle April 5, 2011 at 14:40 #

Usually the only time I don’t complain to my hubby and stroke his ego is if I want him to do something. 😉

2. Jo April 5, 2011 at 03:36 #

My hubby is exactly the same! he will start a new roll of toilet paper and leave one piece on the old roll or he will open a new box of cheese slices and leave one in the old box, it drives me insane but now I know it must be a male thing and not only my weirdo

• Elle April 5, 2011 at 14:42 #

One time my hubby had the empty roll still on the holder and a new roll sitting on the counter. I wanted to see how long it would take him to put the new roll up. It was about a week before I couldn’t take it anymore and put the new roll on myself. 😀

3. Betty Fokker April 5, 2011 at 14:16 #

My husband puts the cereal box with a tablespoon of flakes back in the cupboard, and the milk container with a slight moistness only back in the fridge. Why? Why does this make sense to him?

• Elle April 5, 2011 at 14:44 #

Lol! My hubby does the same thing with the cereal. It drives me crazy.

4. Elizabeth April 7, 2011 at 00:51 #

I LOVE this post! I can totally identify!!

And I love that you took a picture of his inability to properly hang clothes, that’s awesome!

I remember once when our son was just a few months old, my husband went to get several wipes and there were at least 5 left but not much more – he was like, ‘Where are all the wipes, why aren’t there more in here?!’ as if he thought some magical fairy kept the pail stocked up at all times. He has literally NEVER refilled the diaper pail and our son turned 2 on new years eve. Is it my own fault for letting him get away with it…or is it his for never even thinking to take the reins?!

(For the record I have an awesome hubby who is very helpful and sweet…but seriously, what is WITH men??!)