Happy 2nd Birthday, Little Hummingbird!

It’s the little hummingbird’s 2nd BIRTHDAY!! today! Instead of writing a letter for her, I decided to do an interpretive dance with the cat about what the last two years have meant and record it but my cat wouldn’t cooperate.

Actually, my cat was on board with the whole thing, it was me who became camera shy.

While my daughter is my hubby’s clone, I think that she has my eyes, nose, and hands. You can’t really tell with the picture below. We don’t have a scanner so we took a picture of the picture of my first birthday.

Me.

The hummingbird.

During the little hummingbird’s first year, I made a video every few months and would send it to family. I would have the camera at the ready and record everything.

After she turned 1, I got lazy. Whenever she did something cute or there was a milestone, my thinking was “Meh, if she did it once, she’ll do it again. I’ll get a picture eventually”.

To celebrate her 2nd BIRTHDAY!! I made a video of her first 2 years. Alot of it is pictures with some video of her. I planned on making it only a few minutes long like I’ve done in the past but while looking through everything, it ended up being a lot longer.

It’s 8 minutes and 33 seconds long. I thought about cutting the video down but found it impossible. In fact it was a mission impossible. heh.

I don’t know who would sit through an 8 1/2 minute video of a stranger’s kid I would because I’m just like that but if you do, I lurve you.

There’s only one picture I put of her before she was rushed to the NICU a day after she was born. Those pictures (of her before the NICU) are still really difficult to look at since they represent the fact that her blood sugar was plummeting without us having any idea. If it wasn’t caught when it was…..let’s just say it makes me sick when I think about it.

I had planned on writing about my awful birth experience and my daughter being in the NICU for 21 days by the time she had her birthday because I thought it would help the anger and bad feelings I have about it. But I had to stop for now since it got too emotional.

So here’s over 8 minutes of my beautiful daughter who I love more than anything in this world. I’m very lucky. Tired, sometimes frazzled, annoyed every now and then, but VERY lucky.

Happy Birthday My Sweet Baby Girl!! My love for you grows every day!

Since I can’t leave you hanging, here are some guys doing an interpretive dance to Rythym Of The Night.

12 Responses to Happy 2nd Birthday, Little Hummingbird!

1. Fête Foreign April 15, 2011 at 01:33 #

Aw, what a sweetie. Hope you had an awesome day. Bon Anniversaire!

2. neeroc April 15, 2011 at 02:37 #

Happy birthday to your cutie. I was so looking forward to the interpretive dance! I realized just the other day how bad I’d gotten about taking videos of V. She’s going to love watching that video when she wakes up

3. Wombat Central April 15, 2011 at 05:49 #

Watched it all. 🙂 Happy birthday to your baby! She’s beautiful. (that purse-lipped smile is adorable!)

• Elle April 17, 2011 at 22:38 #

Since you watched it all I lurvvvve you! 😉

4. TheBoyandMe April 15, 2011 at 10:10 #

Oh she is so completely gorgeous and cute. She’s got the most amazingly gorgeous eyes and hair ever and I adore the way she runs!

5. Sarah M April 15, 2011 at 15:56 #

8 1/2 mins is good my daughters 2nd birthday video was 13 mins long and daughter 2.0 introductory video is 8 mins long she’s only 3 mths old ha ha! I don’t think i could be an actual film editor all my movies would be 8 hrs long because i can’t make any cuts!! Happy 2nd Birthday Hummingbird hope its the best day yet!!! I love the picture of her freaking out on the change table its amazing how fast they get those tiny arms and legs going ha ha!!

6. andrea April 16, 2011 at 17:48 #

Beautiful baby girl!! Happy birthday to the little sweet heart 🙂

7. themomsmith April 16, 2011 at 22:58 #

Awww…Happy Birthday to the Little Hummingbird!!!!!

8. Elle April 17, 2011 at 03:14 #

Thank you everyone for the little hummingbird’s birthday wishes! She had a great birthday. 🙂

9. Mandi April 22, 2011 at 08:27 #

Her hair looked so dark in some of those pictures! And she looks so much like you. Super cute. I love all her smiles. Love the song choices too!

10. EL April 23, 2011 at 07:48 #

AW!!!! Your little Hummingbird’s birthday is just three days before “Shorter’s” birthday here!! Hope you didn’t cry. I cried… when he turned two that is.

Now he cleans his own room, washes himself, and can cease driving me crazy by going outside unsupervised! I miss babies, but independent 9 yr olds RULE!

Happy Birthday Hummingbird! May the only terrible part of two be leaving one behind <3

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The little hummingbird is 4!! | This Is Mommyhood - April 15, 2013

[…] baby girl, the little hummingbird! May you never let me pee in peace for the rest of your days. (2 posts… 2 years-old, 3 […]