*I now give you the greatest mom in the whole world.

M is for the many things she gave me. O is for the other things she did. M is for many of the grey hairs I got. Well, it’s that time of the year again. Mother’s Day.

I think the best part about being a grandmother is hearing the stories your children tell you about your grandchildren. The reason it’s so funny is because most of the stuff they tell you is what your kids did to you.

One time, when Elle was about 18 months old, I decided to get her a green Mc shake for St. Patricks Day. In the 70’s, before air bags, your kid would ride shotgun in their car seat.

Elle got her shake and I reminded her several times “don’t take the lid off”. Well, as I came to a red light and stopped, I heard a scream.

My sweetheart had taken the lid off and the shake was all over her face and shirt. I was laughing so hard, I started peeing and was trying to comfort her while pulling off to the side of the road.

Another time I was down to my last $10 dollars. Elle got into my purse, pulled the money out, and was hanging it out of the window, flying the $10 dollars like a kite.

Of course it flew out of her hands. That time I was crying and peeing at the same time.

The temper tantrums are the funniest because I’ve lost track of how many times I would threaten to never take her out in public again until she was 18.

Yes, motherhood is a hoot. Many shots of vodka, tears, and laughs later & I wouldn’t change anything. Happy Mother’s Day to my daughter and to you. ~ Elle’s mom

**I don’t have a photo scanner so here’s a picture of a picture of me and my beautiful mom, circa 1976. Apparently she liked taking me to back alley petting zoos. I picked one where you can’t see her face because really, who would want to claim my crazy ass.

And we don’t have red hair even though it looks that way. Also, my germaphobe self hopes my mom dipped me in alcohol after this was taken. I will now shut up. :^)

18 Responses to It’s taken me 10 months of begging and my mom has finally written a post so if you don’t read it, she might cry and I’m sure you don’t want to be like Jeffrey (I don’t care if I made your mom cry) Sebelia from Season 3 of Project Runway.

1. Quart May 4, 2011 at 04:12 #

Your mom sounds awesome!!

• Elle May 4, 2011 at 10:20 #

She is pretty awesome! 😀

2. Wombat Central May 4, 2011 at 04:52 #

Happy Mother’s Day Elle and Mom! Loved the Shamrock Shake story. ;D

• Elle May 4, 2011 at 10:21 #

Happy Mother’s Day to you! I’ve been hearing that shake story all of my life. My mom always thought it was the funniest thing. 🙂

3. Sarah M May 4, 2011 at 07:06 #

Happy Mother’s Day Elle and Mom…I love stories of way back when!!!
    side note
    petting zoos freak me out…my parents sent me in with a cone full of deer food alone and the reindeer attack me i was 2 years old…i blame them for my fear. we took my daughter to african lion safari last year and my husband insisted on bringing her into the petting zoo part i refused to go in…what does my 2 year old daughter do she runs up to the biggest goat and hugs it i almost nearly passed out!!!

• Elle May 4, 2011 at 10:26 #

For me it was ducks. I was 3 & had food for them so they all came at me at once. There were also geese and they are some mean mofo’s. I ran back to the car and refused to come out. My daughter is pretty fearless when it comes to animals too, except for the dreaded Easter Bunny. 😉

I hope you have a great Mother’s Day!

4. Misslexywoo May 4, 2011 at 14:34 #

What a great post! Totally got a tear in my eye! I wish I had the same relationship with my mum as you two clearly do! Really enjoyed reading that and such a lovely idea.
    A green shake? Ahhhhhhhhh bring back the 80’s when all that was allowed! Loved the stories, love the blOg and love this post!
    Mrs mommyhood (as in senior not junior, or junior junior) you must write again for us soon
    Loved it!
    Ps- how gorgeous is that photo of you two!! Xx

• Elle May 8, 2011 at 11:01 #

I told my mom she *has* to write another post and she just laughed so it might take another 10 months. 😉 x

5. Marianna Annadanna May 4, 2011 at 18:09 #

Lovely post. Loved it. I wish I could say I made my mom pee her pants…

• Elle May 8, 2011 at 11:02 #

Thank you! There’s still time to make your mom pee your pants. 🙂

6. Elle P. May 4, 2011 at 18:16 #

I loved reading this- your mom seems awesome. Happy Mother’s Day to you and your Mom, but not your weirdo M-I-L. Bwa ha ha ha! 😉

• Elle May 8, 2011 at 11:03 #

Happy Mother’s Day! I’m sure my MIL will celebrate with her bazillion turtles. Weirdo! 😉

7. Christina @sparkly_horse May 4, 2011 at 20:36 #

Awww so cute! I love baby stories. The ten dollar bill one made me laugh especially hard. How do you negotiate with a child while driving and they are holding your last ten dollars out the window. lol. Very cute!

8. Mcai7td3 May 4, 2011 at 22:50 #

What a lovely post. Happy Mothers Day to both of you! Your mum should have her own blog. I love sitting listening to stories of me as a baby! And I love the fact that I can ask my parents who my baby looks like and they’ll instantly say you, of course” (even though I know he doesn’t really!) 🙂

• Elle May 8, 2011 at 11:05 #

That’s cute of your parents. 🙂 Happy Mother’s Day!

9. Mandi May 15, 2011 at 20:41 #

Your Mom totally needs to write another one sometime! 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Back by popular demand, my mom. What in the hell is that noise?! « This Is Mommyhood - October 11, 2011

[…] *Here is the first guest post my mom did back in May. […]