My husband teaches a class from 7-10 am so he has to be up really early. Sometimes the little hummingbird wakes up before he leaves for work and since I’m a night owl, hoo hoo, I like to stay in bed as long as I can. Really though, who doesn’t?

Before the hummingbird was born, my husband would try to gently wake me up because I’m not a morning person at all and can be scary.

Lately, instead of the hubby leaving the hummingbird in her crib to play, he’s been putting her in our bed along with book and toys. The worst of it is he’s been turning on an episode of Caillou as well.

For those of you who don’t know, Caillou (Keye-*as in eye*-you) seems like a harmless cartoon but after having to watch it constantly, you end up wanting to kick whoever is involved with the making of Caillou in the nuts.

So before I can even open my eyes, my two year old is jumping all over me and Caillou is blaring on the television.

Yesterday morning my husband decided to really make my day. Not only did he choose an obnoxious toy which was her toolbox that has hammer sound effects and music, he also put the hummingbird’s stuffed shark that he got for her birthday in our bed.

~~~

We have a membership to the local aquarium and the times that we’ve gone, I’ve tried to get a cute (but overpriced) stuffed penguin or a cute little otter for the hummingbird but the hubby brings up the fact that they rip you off with the price, which they do.

Then he goes there and buys this huge stuffed shark that I’m sure is a lot more overpriced than some penguin?! Huh? After much thought and consideration, I’ve come to the conclusion that my husband is a penguin hater but we will remain friends for the sake of all the cute penguins out there, both stuffed and real.

~~~

Caillou was on, my little girl was hammering in her toolbox and on my shoulder, and when I opened my eyes, I saw this huge shark staring at me.

By the time I woke up enough to stumble out of bed and find the camera, my daughter was running around but this is what I pretty much woke up to:

Good Morning Sunshine!

I will now chomp you to bits…nom nom nom. I even have a watch so I can time how long it takes to eat you mind out of the gutter.

We’ve also had a creepy balloon in our house. I had no idea there were any balloons left from the hummingbird’s birthday last month but this one in particular seems to have come out of hiding and has been creeping me out all week.

It has just enough helium left in it to stay afloat but it glides a few inches from the floor, creepily!

I could’ve  just popped it but that wouldn’t be any fun. The creepy balloon was downstairs and the other day it creepily floated upstairs where it would go from room to room to terrorize me.

Don’t let it fool you. It looks like a normal birthday balloon but it’s freaking creepy.

It’s getting creepier.

This is some Amityville Horror balloon shit going on here.

The same day, I went to take a shower and there was a big spider in the tub. After an intense spider vs. shower sprayer battle, I was finally able to take my shower without having to worry about some spider walking across my feet.

I blame the creepy Amityville balloon for the spider so later on I popped that sucker.

Because I’m not at all crazy, I put the balloon in the outside trash can just in case it came back to it’s creepy balloon life. Suck it birthday balloon.

*My hubby isn’t really a penguin hater but he probably hates sea otters. I won’t think otherwise until he goes out and buys our daughter a huge and overpriced one which I’ll stick in the bed so he can wake up and have an otter staring at him but it won’t be as scary.

We live by the ocean so maybe I can leave a trail of fish from the ocean to his side of the bed for an otter to follow because I’m pretty sure a live sea otter in the bed would be scarier or at least more unexpected than a stuffed shark.

13 Responses to I can’t think of a better way to wake up than to have a shark staring me in the face.

1. marie May 19, 2011 at 07:32 #

Heee. This was so funny! I also think that balloons that somehow get around the house are beyond creepers. especially in the middle of the night when it kinda looks like a floating head. but then i get all “its actually alive” like apparently you did and then i wonder if i should be committed for a few days because HELLO, inanimate objects do not have souls. too many twilight zone episodes at impreshinable ages, i suppose 🙂

• Elle May 19, 2011 at 23:45 #

Twilight Zone episodes have scarred me for life. There’s one I saw when I was younger about this little girl who falls out of her bed and through the wall. After seeing that, I’ve never had my bed anywhere near a wall. 😉

2. Jen {at} take2mommy May 19, 2011 at 07:36 #

You are so dead-on right about two things: There is no kid’s show worse that Caillou. Happiest day of my life was when my boys outgrew that show. Second, half-inflated helium balloons are seriously scary. They WILL slink around your house and stalk you. Good thing you popped that sucker.

• Elle May 19, 2011 at 23:48 #

You know what would be worse? A Caillou balloon that floats just above the floor. Thanks Jen, now I’m going to have nightmares but I guess I’m getting paid back for my Halloween bug costume. ;D

3. Wombat Central May 19, 2011 at 09:21 #

“Hi! I’m Caill-” *bang*

Harsh? Only if you’ve never had to listen to him whine for an entire episode.

• Elle May 19, 2011 at 23:52 #

Lol! Right on! It drives me up the freaking wall when Caillou whines “But I don’t waaant toooo”. *bang* *bang*

4. Marianna Annadanna May 19, 2011 at 11:36 #

Creepy shark! Creep Caillou! Creepy balloon! AHHHH!

• Elle May 19, 2011 at 23:53 #

It’s been a creepy week. Hold me!

5. Cheryl May 19, 2011 at 13:21 #

I seriously can’t believe they haven’t yanked Caillou off the air! Not only does he have a name no one could pronounce without hearing it first, but he’s got to be the whiniest kid ever created. NEVER did I let my now 5yo watch it, and I won’t when my 3mo gets old enough either. Let’s just say Caillou and Barney are on my “if I ever meet the creators…” hitlist, lol.

At our house, when the balloons start seriously creeping me out (I swear they follow you!), when my son is at school, I pop it, but don’t throw it out. We flatten it and hang it on his wall until he gets a new one, lol.

There’s only one thing I can think of worse than waking up to a frickin shark staring at you…getting hit in the face with a plastic hammer. Yes – happened to me, lol.

• Elle May 20, 2011 at 00:06 #

I didn’t realize Caillou was so annoying until the hummingbird was hooked. I also tuned him out when she watched but by the time I paid attention, it was too late. *facepalm*

If I have a second baby, I’m hoping my daughter will be out of her Caillou phase. If not, I’ll go to the station that it plays on and burn all of the film. 😉

6. Thurieyyah May 19, 2011 at 22:14 #

LMAO – I’ve watched Caillou before – but I always seem to tune out or change the channel – so I dont know what its about – My daughter’s a Dora fan – which I dont mind – I HATE that purple Dinosaur and back when my son was a toddler I couldnt stand the TELLYTUBBIES!!!

• Elle May 20, 2011 at 00:10 #

My younger sister watched Barney when he was really popular and I remember my mom going insane. I thought it was kind of funny at the time to see my mom lose her mind over that damn dinosaur. What can I say, Karma’s a bitch. 🙂 Now my mom is the one laughing when I tell her how Caillou makes me crazy.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. What the hell creepy birthday balloon? | This Is Mommyhood - May 21, 2012

[…] I don’t know what it is with me and balloons but they always seem to follow me around the house. Take for example last year when this balloon was walking behind me. […]