Knock-Knock! Who’s there? Little old lady….

Little old lady who? Wow! I didn’t know you could yodel! *insert George McFly laugh here*

I had absolutely no idea what to title this post and it has nothing to do with what I’m rambling about. I can usually think of a title but was stuck so I picked something random. You’re welcome.

If you’ve read my blog recently, you know that I’ve been going through depression and a lot of anxiety. I just wanted to say thank you for sticking around. Even if you’ve gone onto my site, saw that I was in my whoa is me funk, thought won’t this woman ever shut the hell up about it, and left right after, I still thank you.

Last week, Wednesday to be exact, I actually felt like myself for the first time in a long time. It was fleeting but it still felt good. Getting through depression is such a gradual process but I know I’ll get through this.

The hummingbird is still so young but even at 2, I know she feels that things are different. I want to be the best mom to her. My biggest fear it having her think that it’s her fault for me feeling the way I do.

Also, I wanted to say that despite being ranty in my last post, I haven’t killed my husband. I may or may not have tied him up with duct tape and locked him in the closet but I didn’t kill him….yet. Bwahahahaha.

When it comes to the ups and downs of marriage, we’re currently having a down moment. There’s also a lot I left out so I think my rant about our relationship made it sound worse than it really is.

Crap, I sound like a douchey reality star that says they edited me to look that way!!!

So, to lighten things up, here you go:

This is something my mom emailed me. After pregnancy and all of the pumping I did, this is how I feel about my boobs on some days.

The rest of the photos, credit: Ann Taintor.

6 Responses to Knock-Knock! Who’s there? Little old lady….

1. Wombat Central May 25, 2011 at 04:48 #

I found “make your own damn dinner” on a mug and I want it. Didn’t seem like the appropriate thing to ask for on Mother’s Day though. 😛

Nice to hear you had a good day in the mix. Was wondering (she said as she put on her therapist’s hat, even though she isn’t a therapist and doesn’t play one on TV, and looks questionable in hats) if you’ve ever done any cognitive behavioral therapy for your depression and anxiety. It really helped me when my anxiety made me feel like this: http://bit.ly/jADsQy

• Elle May 25, 2011 at 09:11 #

Haha!

I’ve done that kind of therapy before and it helped. I’m still waiting for my insurance to approve my request. I sent it in months ago but I just found out this week that they screwed up the paperwork so it has to be resubmitted.

I need therapy just having to deal with my insurance. 😉

2. Sarah M May 25, 2011 at 12:30 #

I think everyone has downs in their marriage and they are lying if they say they don’t. Everyday can’t be sunshine and strawberries, mostly because husbands are so aggravating!!
    I am a stay at home mom as well and some days are a lot harder than others. Husbands are amazing 85% of the time…its that 15% that we need to share and make sure our husbands are not the only ones who do things that drive us crazy!!
    We all need to vent sometimes and I am listening as an nonjudgmental 3rd party who has an amazing husband who drives her crazy sometimes too!!! The best marriage advice i’ve ever received is this

Have long marriages
    Some people ask the secret of Anthony’s long marriage.

They take time to go to a restaurant two times a week: a little candlelight dinner, soft music, and a slow walk home.

The Mrs. goes Tuesdays; He goes Fridays.

Have a great day!! 🙂

3. Marianna Annadanna May 25, 2011 at 15:16 #

Cute pics.! Glad you had a good day. Keep stickin it out. At least one day if and when your daughter goes through something like this you’ll be able to relate and help her through it. And you’ll be able to be honest with her about the ups and downs of life. Eventually, it’ll work out to her advantage, even if you aren’t at your strongest right now. 🙂

4. Cheryl May 26, 2011 at 06:38 #

Just thought you’d like to know that we seem to be on the same page in life right now. It sucks…feel free to e-mail me if you’d like to have a “gotta-get-this-off-my-chest-NOW” gripe-fest!

5. Elle P. May 28, 2011 at 17:49 #

Our relationship can have ups and downs that change from week to week. My husband is my best friend and when we aren’t in sync or seeing eye to eye, it can feel very lonely and in turn, that affects my outlook and mood. You’re not alone.

On another note, I FREAKING LOVE YOUR PICTURES AND CAPTIONS!!!!!!