My husband’s birthday was yesterday and we went out for barbeque last night. Barbeque smells yummy at first but it’s been a day and I’ve taken a shower and still reek of the smell. My sweet pea and violet body wash mixed with smokey barbeque is making me gag.

Today my hubby came home early and I thought awww but then I found the real reason was he went out and got Apple TV for his birthday present. He’s all kinds of excited. He thinks it’s awesome and if he wasn’t so reserved, I know he’d be squealing with delight like I do when I get my US Weekly in the mail every week.

I’m still not sure what Apple TV does even though I read what it does as well as how cool people think it is but I’m sure once he sets it up, it’ll probably be something I’ll find I can’t live without.

~~~

The little hummingbird and our new cat Maisy are falling more in love with each other. Not only does our kitty like to cuddle up in my little girl’s high chair, Maisy also sits in the hummingbird’s little purple chair in the living room and has been “guarding” her at night by sleeping in the glider next to the hummingbird’s crib.

The little hummingbird has turned the tables on our cat and her new favorite thing is to climb up on top of Maisy’s scratch post.

As much as I adore Maisy, I’ve been really missing our cat, Zira, who we had for almost 15 years but she slipped out of our house when a butthead repairman left the front door open back in March. I thought it would get a little easier with time but my hubby and I keep on reminiscing about our lost kitty and we’re both still heartbroken since Zira was like our first child.

I’m normally a pessimist but the only way I can deal with her missing is to think like an optimist and hope that she’s safe and okay even though realistically, I don’t think that’s the case. *le sigh*

Well crap, I didn’t mean to turn into such a Debbie Downer so here are some cute pictures….

Cozy kitty.

Um kitty, can I please sit in my high chair?

Haha Maisy, I’m getting you back. Plus I’m giving my mama a heart attack because she thinks I’m gonna fall.

I have no idea what Apple TV is but I’m still happy about it!

15 Responses to My hubby is so excited, I’m sure I’ll find wadded up tissues around the house. Too much info? Yeah, probably.

1. jaynecrammond July 1, 2011 at 17:01 #

Oh my gosh, I can’t believe how big the little hummingbird is getting. And just SO. FREAKING. ADORABLE!

Also, I’m so sorry that Zira hasn’t come home yet, but my sister’s friend’s dog was found a whole year after he got out, so you never know.

xx

2. siggiofmaine July 1, 2011 at 17:13 #

Totally understand about the need for optimism on Zira. My condolences on the loss of the kitten you had for so long.
    Am confused about Apple TV…looking forward to finding out what it is….this the first time I’ve ever heard of it.
    And, thank you for the adorable photos…
    Siggi in Downeast Maine

• Elle July 1, 2011 at 22:11 #

From what I understand about Apple TV, it’s a little box that you hook up to your television and you can rent movies from Netflix and other sources, rent shows that aren’t On Demand, listen to iTunes, and you can also play your digital photo album on your t.v. I’m not really into tech gadgets so it’s more of something my hubby thinks we *need* to have. 😉

3. happinessafterheartache July 1, 2011 at 18:43 #

Hey, I know this is off-topic, but in that last pic, is the Hummingbird in a “kitchen”, which one? Looking to get one for the twins’ birthday. Thanks!

• Elle July 1, 2011 at 22:25 #

The hummingibrd is in her Step2 playhouse and it has a little sink with a small table in it. Here’s the link: http://amzn.to/lV6azF

She also has an Educo play kitchen. It’s small so you might want something bigger for your twins but the hummingbird and I have a lot of fun playing with the kitchen and the accesories it came with :). Here’s the link: http://amzn.to/m3GqWi

4. Mcai7td3 July 2, 2011 at 06:12 #

Zira is a lovely name for a cat, I do hope the new kitty is going some way to filling the void, even though she obviously be completely replaced. I’ve see. Apple tellys in hotels and they do look very nice!!

5. Jen {at} take2mommy July 2, 2011 at 10:46 #

I’m sad for you about Zira. I’ve lost pets the same way over the years and it’s hard to get over. Sounds like she was a very special part of your life.

OK, 2 more things we have in common:
    1. Like your daughter, I too have no idea what Apple TV is. I’ve actually never heard of it before #LivingUnderARock
    2. You know we have a dog named Maisy? Well we also just got a kitten (Molly). And our kitten looks like yours! Same exact coloring although she doesn’t have the cute white feet. My boys love her.

• Elle July 6, 2011 at 23:00 #

Awww, that’s so cute, Maisy and Molly. Love it!

It’s been 5 days and I still haven’t used the Apple TV *and* still don’t know why it’s so cool. 😉

6. Marianna Annadanna July 2, 2011 at 16:25 #

Maisy is adorable. I know you miss Zira, but it’s just as likely that she’s with another family as that she’s not. No way of knowing, but I’d like to think she’s happy.

• Elle July 10, 2011 at 20:11 #

Thank you. That makes me feel better.

7. L.A.C.E. July 2, 2011 at 21:59 #

Maisy is adorable. Sorry to hear that Zira has not returned home.

Apple TV I at first did not know what the heck this little black box was when he first brought it home. I just thought great. I let him get a Mac desktop and now he’s bringing more Mac products in my PC dominated home. Then, I saw the quality of Netflix on the Apple TV and I cannot live without my Apple TV. Ok, I’m being dramatic. I could, but it’s a blurry and pixilating existance. It does other things that I don’t care about that my techie hubby uses. I just get access to Netflix and that is pretty much all I care about.

Although warning. It comes with a slim space -aged remote that sucks the life out of expensive batteries. But that is not the bad part. If you are one to lose remotes, (like I do. although you can usually find it hiding under my big butt. no lie) than you will easily lose this one. I think remotes should come with homing devices that now come with cordless phones. I believe house keys and car keys should have this too. Anyways, yeah, easy to lose the remote. Otherwise, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without Apple TV. Unless you hate television.

• Elle July 6, 2011 at 23:06 #

The first night, my hubby and I were cuddling on the couch and he was doing a slideshow of the hummingbird’s baby pictures. When he went to turn it off, he couldn’t find the remote. It ended up being under my hair. It’s so freaking small, I didn’t even know my head was on it. 😉

I totally agree about them coming up with homing devices for remotes and keys, especially when you have kids that just love to hide those things. Lol!

8. Suzi July 10, 2011 at 14:25 #

I’ve recently discovered your blog and have been reading through some of your older posts. I think that you’re freaking hilarious!!

Also, that is the most awesome highchair that I’ve ever seen! What brand it is?

• Elle July 10, 2011 at 20:13 #

Thanks! 🙂

The highchair is a Graco Contempo (color~Rittenhouse)

• Suzi July 13, 2011 at 15:42 #

thanks–I totally just registered for that! 🙂