I wasn’t going to post today but was tagged by Not My Year Off and Jayne from Mum’s The Word to tell you 10 things you don’t know about me. This is going to be really hard since I tend to overshare so I’ll see what I can come up with.
1. When I was 13 and living in Los Angeles with my
sperm donor bio dad, he came home one day and said they were filming something at a small grocery store down the street. We went and the director let me be an extra. The scene had me walking down a store aisle. I tapped my then step-brother on the shoulder where he was crouched down and looking at something. Then we walked down the aisle and around the corner. I’m sure the movie is sitting on a shelf somewhere or had been thrown away years ago.
2. The director wanted me to audition for a film he was directing after that one and gave my bio dad his card. It never happened because of #3.
3. On one of the strangest nights of my life, my bio dad and now
ex-stepmonster ex-stepmother had one of their typical huge fights and he left the house, bringing me along. We drove to a hotel for the night and had passed a Burger King that had several people standing on the sidewalk with signs. Then we saw they were filming cars going through the drive-thru.
After we checked into the hotel, we walked down the block to see what was going on. We found out they were filming a commercial but they were using non-union actors so there were protestors. My bio dad pointed out a guy and told me his name. He said he was the guy from Taxi. I never watched that show but because I’m the queen of useless information, I knew that Tony Danza and Danny DeVito were in the show. The guy he pointed out wasn’t either one.
The bio dad said it’s Jeff Conoway and I had no clue who it was. If only he had mentioned he was also in Grease. We ended up hanging out with Jeff Conaway and his then fiance for about an hour. They were talking about the union versus non-union issue and my bio dad mentioned the director that wanted me to audition for a film.
Jeff and another guy who was a producer for some kids show told us that there should be a SAG number or something, can’t remember exactly what it was, on the card to show this director was in the union. My bio dad took out the buisness card, saw that he wasn’t in the union, and ripped up the card.
I was 13 and had dreams of being an actress since I was about 3 or 4 years old so I didn’t care at the time that the director wasn’t in some union.
4. I have 3 half-sisters. The one I’ve mentioned on my blog before is my half-sister from my mom and former stepdad and we were raised together. As crazy as we can make each other, I would do anything for her. My other two are my bio dad’s daughters. One he had with his now ex-wife and I haven’t seen her since she was 4 years old. The other was from his now ex-girlfriend and I’ve never met her.
Because my bio dad and his girlfriend at the time were deemed unfit (that’s an understatement) my ex-stepmom ended up raising my youngest sister and those 2 sisters were able to grow up together. I’ve only talked to them on FB a few times.
5. Needless to say, I have a crazy and very complicated family tree.
6. I love celebrity gossip and subscribe to Us Weekly even though by the time I get the magazine the gossip is old news. I have one window on my computer open for gossip sites that I check throughout the day. While TMZ used to be where I got my online gossip fix, I found the gossip site dlisted a few years ago and have been hooked since. I love the way the guy writes but it’s probably not everyones cup of tea.
7. Since we got our cat Maisy back in March, she’s been waking us up super early in the morning and it’s been driving me crazy. We just started shutting the safety gate at the top of the stairs at night to keep her out so we don’t have to wake up at 4 in the morning but sometimes we forget.
8. It takes me at least an hour to fall asleep no matter how tired I am or even if I’ve been woken up in the middle of the night. I’m envious of those who are sound asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow.
9. I’m an insomniac and a night owl. I love the quiet of being up alone at night but dread it in the morning.
10. At this very moment I’m watching the movie Up and it’s wonderful because I don’t have the interruptions I did when I first saw it with my mother-in-law.
I’m tagging the following bloggers but I always feel weird and pushy when I tag someone so it’s okay if you don’t do the 10 things. I should have had that be one of the things you don’t know about me. :^)