Sex and the City was one of my favorite shows. I’ve heard critics and others rip apart the movies, especially the more recent one, but I still love them and I’ll always be a fan.

Even so, I give you Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha summed up in 5 seconds…as Squirrels and the Country. It might take you 10 seconds to read if the little one you’d rather not claim right now is causing chaos.

~~~

~~~

I’ve had several people not ask me how I do these not at all awesome cartoon thingies when I myself can’t draw to save my life. Well, I’ll tell you how even though you don’t want to know. Your welcome.

I make the box outline, the blood (sadly this cartoon doesn’t have any), and anything else that requires coloring with Microsoft Paint.

I use picnik.com for everything else including the stickers they have which included the trees and squirrels in this one. It also has several other awesome features for free but I finally broke down and paid for the premium service which wasn’t much money considering the not at all awesome it helps me create.

There’s some copy, paste, and saving when I use the two thingies together. I’m so effing technical, ya’ll.

I use Picnik any time I add pictures to my posts because it has features that let you crop photos, resize, watermark pics, boost colors, do collages, etc. And nope, despite sounding like an infomercial, they aren’t paying me anything to say this but if they wanted to, they could pay me in pizza since that’s what I’m craving right now.

Just so I can feel better, here is the Dexter-ish version of this cartoon.

7 Responses to From the woman who *didn’t* bring you Sex and the City; Squirrels and the Country.

1. Cajun Asian Chronicles August 22, 2011 at 08:12 #

Love all of the different trees…very artsy! lol

• Elle August 23, 2011 at 17:53 #

Haha! Thanks!

2. Shannon August 23, 2011 at 16:45 #

Sex and the City is my happy place! This cartoon makes me think of the episode where Carrie is in the country with Aiden and there is a squirrel on the windowsill. I think she says something like squirrels are just rats in better clothes (or something like that). Love it and love your blog.

• Elle August 23, 2011 at 18:01 #

Yay! That’s so cool you brought up that episode because that was part of the inspiration to make them squirrels. 🙂

3. Marianna Annadanna August 23, 2011 at 17:47 #

That last picture made me laugh. Nice job. Also, I thought you were drawing those creatures yourself. Way to ruin it for me. Frig.

• Elle August 23, 2011 at 17:58 #

I did draw the first Caillou thingamajig but after that I started using help because that freaking thing took me an insane amount of time to do. A roadkill raccoon probably has better drawing skills than I do. 😉

4. Sarah M August 24, 2011 at 10:21 #

i loved both of the movies and i rarely listening to critics because i always end up hating the movies they rave about…i guess i don’t have a very artistic taste?? whatever….I love love pride and prejudice colin firth is my mark ruffalo…lovely!! and I LOVE picnik I could spend all day editing pictures on that website!!