My rheumatologist put me on the med Cymbalta after I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I’m trying something new which doesn’t seem to be doing anything because that med was making me so sedated 24/7 or would practically put me in a coma.

I just couldn’t take it anymore when I have a 2 1/2 year old hummingbird on crack. I was told by the doctor that there is an active ingredient, I forgot the name, that some people are especially sensitive to. Yep, that would be me.

So, I was laying on the couch last week while I was still on Cymbalta, trying my hardest to keep my eyes open while my little girl was watching a Little Bear marathon. She started pulling some wrestling moves on me while I was on the couch and knocked over our 10 million remote controls and I went over to pick all of them up.

My husband is always complaining that I have so many of my Mensa magazines all over the house so it’s ironic that it was his damn magazine that almost made me lose an eye.

Okay, they’re really US Weekly magazines but they have really, really important things to say and some great information. Like if you get a nanny, make sure you’re not married to Jude Law. It also really makes you think about and question who in the world is January Jones’ baby daddy.

See, really important world issues.

Here’s a re-enactment, kinda like that show I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant but without all of those bad actors. Also you won’t see me having a baby on the toilet and there’s less blood.

I was laying on our cozy couch when the hummingbird pulled her wrestling moves on me.

Then the remote controls go flying off the right side of the end table. When I went to pick them up, that subscription card thingy that my hubby used as a bookmark practically ripped off my eyelid.

Mothereffer!

Not long after, my eyelid felt like this.

But it was probably more like this.

Either way, paper cuts are evil little bastards and they hurt like hell.

, , ,

14 Responses to How does somebody get a paper cut on their eyelid? I can….’cause I’m a blonde yeah, yeah, yeah.

1. siggiofmaine November 3, 2011 at 14:38 #

BTW…I don’t “like” that you’re hurt, I like your presentation…description of your obtaining a painful injury.
    Paper cuts…feel like chain saws have ripped at a body part…I am sympathetic with your misery…I hope it heals soon.

Peace and Love,
    Siggi in Downeast Maine

• siggiofmaine November 3, 2011 at 14:40 #

PS…I believe you can get a paper cut on your eyelid…
      I stepped on a telephone and split the ball of my foot open right between
      the pads.
      Be safe.
      Siggi

• Elle November 6, 2011 at 08:43 #

You’re so cute. I know what you meant. 🙂

And ouch!

2. themrs November 3, 2011 at 16:12 #

i tried to take a tiny little nap the other morning while esme watched little einsteins. in response, she found the paint set and painted herself, the couch and my legs. i swear i only closed my eyes for a second…

• Elle November 6, 2011 at 08:48 #

That’s my worst fear but with markers. I hope Esme picked a color that was flattering. I’d hate to have had her pick out a construction orange color when you wanted a neutral color. 😉 xoxo

3. happinessafterheartache November 4, 2011 at 06:39 #

Paper cuts are the worst. I can’t imagine having one on my eyelid. I’d probably bandage it up with an eye patch like a pirate.

• Elle November 6, 2011 at 08:49 #

I wish I thought of that. Then I would have had a Halloween costume. ARRRRRRR!

4. Annie November 4, 2011 at 15:26 #

I would rather cut my eyelid on ANYTHING but the Economist. Maybe it’s a sign that the world is going into financial ruin. You know…just like the groundhog seeing his own shadow…maybe when the blonde cuts her eyelid on the Economist we’ll have a bad financial forecast for the next six weeks. Either way…no fun. Hope it heals fast…and the economy gets back on track.

• Elle November 6, 2011 at 08:54 #

Haha! I love you girl! Blondes and The Economist….bad. Blondes and Us Weekly….good!

5. Suzi November 6, 2011 at 13:50 #

Ouch! Hope that heals soon! Also, I LOVE your reenactment. 🙂

• Elle November 13, 2011 at 17:33 #

Thanks, Suzi!

6. Elle's Mom November 6, 2011 at 15:13 #

Really Elle, a paper cut on your eye lid? When you were a kid I used to remind you not to do what ever you would be doing because you could put your eye out with that. I never thought a subscription card thingy could be so deadly. Who knew? I went to the car wash today and fire ants attacked my feet. OUCH. I am holding my feet up and reading your blog. Do you think we’re related?

7. tehgrlg33k November 13, 2011 at 15:40 #

Was that a Julie Brown reference, or an Earth Girls Are Easy reference, or an accident?

• Elle November 13, 2011 at 17:24 #