iLoveSchools

*I decided to add this as a separate post so I can link back to it in future posts.

One of my favorite places to donate is iLoveSchools.  I’m in no way being paid or being threatened by Zombies to promote iLoveSchools. I just want every child to have a chance to get an education, and possibly fall in love with reading, writing, and art like I did when I was younger, as well as having the proper school supplies.

To this day I love to write, if I don’t read, I feel like you might as well cut my right arm off which would be holding my kindle, and I am a total Art History dork.

After looking through several programs, I found this teacher in need of art supplies and this librarian in need of books and it depends on you. Mrs. Haystead needs a total of $87.21 for supplies and librarian Mrs. Warren needs a total of $56.21 for books.

These are just a few of the things they need for their students.

For every comment mentioning teacher Mrs. Haystead or librarian Mrs. Warren, the more creative the better…perhaps a haiku =), I’ll donate $1.00 and if you mention both, they each get that amount and it will go up until they receive the amount that they need.

That means Mrs. Haystead needs approximately 87 comments mentioning her and Mrs. Warren needs 56.

Whew! Please spread the word since I would love to help these teachers….and you don’t have to pay a dime. :^)

So, get those comments coming in! You have until December 15th to leave comments mentioning them on any post. I’d like to donate to them by then so they can have an even happier holiday.

Here’s some music to listen to while you’re leaving those comments.

Pomplamoose – River Shiver

, , ,

8 Responses to iLoveSchools

1. Katie November 26, 2011 at 12:39 #

Go Mrs Haystead and Mrs Warren!

2. Kati November 26, 2011 at 13:50 #

Mrs. Haystead and Mrs. Warren are bad ass

3. Monica DeLaCruz November 27, 2011 at 05:42 #

There once was a teacher from Nantucket………….wait, you said haiku, right?
    Okay. Remember – I am not a poet.

Leaving a comment
    to educate a child is
    the teaching I do.

Merry Christmas, Ms. Warren and Ms. Haystead. :o)

4. Connie November 27, 2011 at 19:21 #

Yay for teachers! Mrs. Haystead and Mrs. Warren, I hope you reach your goals!
    Connie recently posted..Jingle Baby, Jingle All the Way!My Profile

5. Chelsea November 28, 2011 at 09:10 #

Mrs. Haystead and Mrs. Warren! 🙂

6. Paula Lee Bright December 3, 2011 at 01:14 #

This is a lovely idea! I hope they get the supplies they need. Teachers need all the help they can get, especially if their kids are needy. I can totally relate. 🙂
    Paula Lee Bright recently posted..Can Kids Actually Learn to Read or Improve Their Reading ONLINE?My Profile

• Paula Lee Bright December 3, 2011 at 01:15 #

Oh, my! I forgot to mention Mrs. Haystead and Mrs. Warren! Those were the teachers I was referring to. I support every teacher whose heart is in the right place. 😉
      Paula Lee Bright recently posted..13 Ways to Raise a Reluctant ReaderMy Profile

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. » TRW: It’s the most wonderful time of the year to stay inside your house because people will cut you for a parking space at the mall. This Is Mommyhood - November 26, 2011

[…] Tagschristmas, iLoveSchools, school supplies, total recall weekend **Help a teacher and a librarian in need of supplies for their students. All it takes is a comment and I’ll do the rest. Go here for more info. […]