Hell Week

Last week a vicious stomach virus hit all of us and on Friday my husband took the hummingbird to her doctor. I had to stay home since I could barely get out of bed.

The next thing I know my husband called and said he had to take her to the ER. The hummingbird’s blood sugar was really low. When she was born she had the same problem but it resolved in six weeks. My daughter’s been fine since then and never had any problems with blood sugar until now.

She was admitted to the hospital and spent Friday night there and she was back home Saturday night. Then after her nap on Sunday she started throwing up again and we went straight to the emergency room. The little hummingbird’s glucose level was low again and they admitted her a second time.

I started feeling worse while we were there and had to get I.V. fluids while my little girl and hubby went up to the pediatric ward. By the time I was able to go up there it was close to 1 am and I had to go home the next afternoon because I was so sick.

I was having horrible guilt but some of the nurses told me I should go home and take care of my own health so then I can fully be there for my daughter.

Now her doctor thinks if her blood sugar doesn’t stabilize on its own, she’ll have to go up to a hospital 2 hours away that’s better equipped to find out what’s going on.

I’m going out of my mind because I’m not there for the hummingbird but I’m finally feeling a tad better. I plan to go to the hospital tomorrow and I don’t plan on leaving until she does.

In the meantime I’m a mess and just want my baby girl to get better so she can come home.

, , , ,

14 Responses to Hell Week

1. OpinionsToGo March 6, 2012 at 19:11 #

@michelleversace and I have so very concerned about you and little Hummingbird. Praying that the next time we hear from you, everyone is ALL BETTER!!

2. michelej March 6, 2012 at 20:34 #

Praying for you and your sweet girl…

3. Corinne March 7, 2012 at 01:34 #

Oh you poor things! We’ve had a bad stomach bug too and our youngest ended up in hospital but his glucose was OK but he was a bit dehydrated. I hope your little one is started to recover and will be home to you soon x
    Corinne recently posted..The SheweeMy Profile

4. Monica DeLaCruz March 7, 2012 at 03:55 #

oh no! praying that everyone recovers and that your baby girl can come home quickly.

5. Angie March 7, 2012 at 04:48 #

I hope the blood sugar stabilizes! That sounds really scary.
    Angie recently posted..One YearMy Profile

6. Paula March 7, 2012 at 06:05 #

I hate to her that your little girl is sick. I remember when my son was only a month old and had to be hospitalized for a few days. I was wreck!! I hope everything turns out ok for the little hummingbird!

• Paula March 7, 2012 at 06:06 #

Hear* not her

7. LeeAnne Curtis March 7, 2012 at 13:16 #

I hope by the time you read this you, hubs and Hummingbird are starting to feel 100% better. the nurses were right tho – if you feel bad, you can’t be 100% for the Hummingbird! So, sending up prayers for complete healing and hoping that a trip to the hospital that is 2 hours away is not necessary!! Love and hugs to all….

8. Emily Fowler March 7, 2012 at 13:55 #

Hoping that healing and answers come quickly for you all!

9. Tricia March 7, 2012 at 16:08 #

Thinking of you guys. The hospital is just an awful place to be. The muppets send their love and good juju that the hummingbird is back home and on crack ASAP.
    Tricia recently posted..Wineconed Wednesday – He Who Must Not Be Named EditionMy Profile

10. Melissa March 7, 2012 at 16:46 #

Will be thinking of you and praying for you

11. sarah March 8, 2012 at 04:48 #

Aw, so sorry to hear this. Glad the nurses talked you into taking care of yourself, but I can’t imagine how hard that was for you. {{hug}}

12. Izzy March 8, 2012 at 09:42 #

Thinking of you and Hummingbird… I know it will all be ok! ((hugs))
    Izzy recently posted..Number 5 is the luckiest number, 5 is the luckiest number….My Profile

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Wineconed Wednesday – He Who Must Not Be Named Edition | A Nervous Tic Motion - March 7, 2012

[…] We’ve had a nasty stomach virus and the hummingbird was in the hospital Friday night, came home Saturday, and then we had to take her back to the hospital Sunday and she’s still there. Her blood sugar keeps dipping to low levels and they’re not sure what’s causing it. – This Is Mommyhood […]