The hummingbird.

The little hummingbird was finally able to come home from the hospital Saturday afternoon. We follow up with her doctor on Tueday and we still have to go to Stanford since they have better specialists there that can hopefully figure out what’s going on with my little girl and her low blood sugar.

For it to pop up out of the blue since she was 6 weeks old is just odd. One of the doctors we had said that maybe since the hummingbird is a tiny girl and doesn’t have very many fat reserves (which is where glucose is stored) there’s a possibility that when her body is under a lot of stress or she’s really sick and not eating, it might be the cause of low blood sugar.

My hubby and I are on high alert with her and I’m hoping within the next few weeks the anxiety that comes with the thought of her having to go back to the hospital will mellow.

It’s so great to have her back home (and I never want to have her away from me again), sitting on my bed, coloring and watching Peppa Pig. As you can see, Penny is keeping a close eye on the hummingbird.

~~~~~

~~~~~

The song below was music therapy for me while my baby girl was in the hospital. The guy and the octopus in the video fall in love but I’m pretty sure the message isn’t bestiality. :^)

Andrew Bird – Lull

, , ,

13 Responses to The hummingbird.

1. Notmyyearoff March 11, 2012 at 15:20 #

I hope you get the answer you’re looking for. She actually doesn’t look that tiny from the photo, just very gorgeous with all that hair. Welcome home hummingbird!!
    Notmyyearoff recently posted..Silent Sunday 11/03/12My Profile

2. QuartCourt March 11, 2012 at 15:52 #

I am so glad she is home and I hope you have everything figured out soon! (I also love that this post ended with “bestiality.”)

• Elle March 18, 2012 at 21:24 #

Lol! That’s how I roll. ;D

3. Angie March 11, 2012 at 18:10 #

I am glad she is home and feeling better!
    Angie recently posted..Do stay at home moms get a vacation day?My Profile

4. Sharyn March 11, 2012 at 18:39 #

Poor little thing! And poor you. Your family is in my thoughts.

5. OpinionsToGo March 11, 2012 at 18:43 #

I love a happy ending! She is such a beautiful little girl and also a very brave one.

So, so happy that Little Miss Hummingbird is home!

6. Monica DeLaCruz March 11, 2012 at 19:17 #

yay!!! she’s home!!! she looks so beautiful in the photo. :o) hoping that they can figure out what is wrong and how to fix it. blessings!

7. Emily Fowler March 11, 2012 at 19:41 #

I hope the Stanford folks give you some answers (I am very familiar with their halls, as my husband just had a stem cell transplant there in January). As her Mama, you are the Hummingbird’s very best advocate, so deep breaths and use your “outside voice” on those Drs if you have to ;-P

8. weezafish March 12, 2012 at 03:15 #

Here’s hoping you find the answers you need. She’s such a beautiful little girl, that Hummingbird.

Bestiality?!!! I shall of course now have to watch that …
    weezafish recently posted..The Kids Wanna Say "Hi"My Profile

9. Paula March 12, 2012 at 05:53 #

It’s good to hear she’s home and doing better.

10. Melissa March 12, 2012 at 06:22 #

A relief to read that she’s home. She’s really gorgeous, like a little doll.

11. Jen March 12, 2012 at 07:21 #

So glad she’s home! I hope all remains well now that she’s home and that you can spend a lot of time snuggling up with her.

12. Elena March 22, 2012 at 13:32 #

I hope the hummingbird gets well soon. I have to say too that she is the most beautiful kid I’ve ever seen. It makes me wanna give the world to her 🙂
    Elena recently posted..Women’s Day and MonthMy Profile