It’s blended post time!

The little hummingbird’s birthday – The little hummingbird loves poop. She loves saying poop, talking about poop, and looking at poop. Her 3rd birthday is in a few weeks and I haven’t been able to figure out what kind of cake to get her. Then last night I had the most awesome idea ever. Having a birthday cake with a pile of poop on it.

We could have a poop theme and have games like hide & poop, pin the tail on the poop, and we can watch Poopeye.

Okay, so we’re not going with that theme but me even thinking about it means I have more time on my hands than I knew. Really though, a poop themed 3rd birthday party would be kind of fun. And as you know, third rhymes with turd.

This cake is really gross but I bet my daughter would go crazy for it….

I was thinking since she’s still obsessed with Sabby (Santa Claus), maybe we could get her a Christmas cake. It could be a Christmas themed birthday. In April.

Doctor stuff – We finally saw an endocrinologist last week for the hummingbird. She has to get some blood work done but other than that the doctor doesn’t think her recent low blood sugar and one week stay in the hospital means she’s going to have hypoglycemia.

The doctor told us that because the little bird is small, when something happens like the stomach virus we had, her body gets out of whack. We’ll hopefully find out more soon after the blood work which I’m really dreading. My poor girl has been poked and prodded so much already.

Skin care – Once upon a time I used to be an Esthetician and I still love skin care. I was thinking about making some natural skin care products and starting up a store on Etsy. It will just be a handful of things for now like a brown sugar scrub, bath fizzy’s, and Little Bird milk bath powder. I don’t like smelly skin care products so I wouldn’t add essential oils to anything.

I might even make candles too. I used to do that and loved it. If I go ahead with it, it’ll take me some time to set up shop but I really love the idea. If you have an Etsy shop, do you have any advice when it comes to starting one? I’d love for you to link your Etsy shop in the comments so I can take a looksy.

YouTube – My daughter loves YouTube and she found a few videos that she watches over and over and over again. There’s one that shows a cat pooping in a toilet. She’ll run to my bedroom in the morning and one of the first things she says is cat pooping? cat pooping? Help Me!

I’ll put it on here to torture you for your viewing pleasure….

~~~~~

The little hummingbird loves to take pictures so I’m looking for a camera that’s indestructible and for a 3 year-old. I think it’s pretty cool to see her view of things in the pics.

~~~~~

A close-up of my hand…

~~~~~

Her sippy…

~~~~~

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Mwah!

________________________________________

Etsy Shops that are full of awesome.

Steambobbin – Alison is from the Pacific Northwest (my favorite place!) and makes really fabulous hats which you have to check out. The little hummingbird already has a ton of hats but I know she would go crazy if she saw the hats Alison makes. I’ve fallen in love with her Tulip brim croche hat.

Saltbox House – Jackie makes signs and woodwork. I could absolutely use this sign since it never fails that the UPS man rings the doorbell when the little hummingbird is napping. I used to make a paper sign and tape it on the front door but Jackie’s is so much better and would be great for a new mom. I also LOVE this one.

, , , ,

8 Responses to Watching a poopy cat video over and over on YouTube with my 2 year old is a dream come true, one I was never able to fulfill until now.

1. Alison March 31, 2012 at 20:15 #

I’m so glad my son has not found that video and I don’t plan on showing it to him! Although come to think of it, maybe it would encourage him to poop in the toilet. hmm.
    On a side note I have a young etsy site (I started it last summer). I really like the community aspect of etsy but as is true of anything, not everyone is all sunshine and giggles. Don’t expect a lot of attention right at first, it comes slowly. The more active you are the more notice you’ll get (groups, teams, treasuries etc.) Here’s my shop if you’re interested : http://www.etsy.com/shop/Steambobbin?ref=si_shop

Best of luck!

• Elle March 31, 2012 at 20:28 #

Thank you so much for your help with Etsy, Alison!

When it comes to the YouTube video, I’m pretty sure my husband had something to do with it, that buttmunch. 🙂

2. Angie March 31, 2012 at 20:32 #

My daughter is crazy about poop also. She wants to see it, she likes to talk about it, and she loves to find the dog poop in the yard. It must be a toddler thing!
    Angie recently posted..Disney World Theme Park TipsMy Profile

3. WeezaFish April 1, 2012 at 03:10 #

Poop cake? Really?? My boys would love it 🙂 Love Hummingbirds pics. You can buy kids digital cameras, Fisherprice make one, sure Amazon will stock it. Or have you tried her with one of those disposable film ones? They’re pretty tough, my four year old gets one sometimes on holiday – he also produces really interesting pics! And when we’re out and about with my camera I always ask him to point out anything he’d like me to take a picture of, he just see’s things differently to me, I love getting his viewpoint.
    WeezaFish recently posted..You Definitely Cannot Eat Off My Kitchen FloorMy Profile

• Elle April 1, 2012 at 09:06 #

I was actually looking at the Fisher-Price one and I want it for myself. My husband likes to buy cameras that are hard to figure out and he never shows me how to use them so a camera for a 3 year-old would be perfect. I might let the little hummingbird use it from time to time. 😉

4. Jackie April 1, 2012 at 09:09 #

My son is obsessed with the word poop- he says it every chance he gets! And he will be 5 on the 15th! I don’t know if the obsession ends until they are teens (and maybe not even then with boys, who knows). That cat video cracked me up though!
    I’ve got an Etsy shop thats only about a year old…….like Alison said above, it starts out slow but they more active you get with treasuries, teams, etc, the more business you’ll get! At Christmas time is when my shop got super busy, and it hasn’t slowed down since. Etsy has been a really cool and fun experience for me and I am still learning, but its been fun. I’ve found that people do NOT read everything in the listings though and that can be frustrating. lol. Here’s the link to my shop if you want to check it out: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CAPrimlover 🙂
    Jackie recently posted..Rice Krispy treat birdie nests! With eggs!My Profile

5. Monica DeLaCruz April 1, 2012 at 18:15 #

a poop themed party – i. love. it. that is hysterical. can you imagine? the kids would love it………the parents? hmm. possibly – not so much. ;o) i don’t have an etsy shop, but i am addicted to my friend’s shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/justahausweyef?ref=shop_sugg. good luck with your shop – looking forward to seeing it!

6. Christene April 3, 2012 at 09:28 #

I think all little kids are obsessed with poop. Munchie does very similar things, including trying to check mommy and daddy’s “diaper.” Um… yeah….

Also, Happy Birthday to the Hummingbird!!
    Christene recently posted..Doctor’s OrdersMy Profile