Things that go bump in the night.

My husband doesn’t believe in ghosts or hauntings unlike me. The house we currently live in has two ghosts.

About 5 years ago when my husband and I were living in the D.C. area, I swore our apartment was haunted. I felt an angry presence in the dining room and in the living room there was a very gentle female presence.

One time I got up in the middle of the night and went to the kitchen for some water.

When I walked through the living room I came to a screeching halt when I saw this cloudy, tall figure. I ran my ass back to the bedroom, jumped back into bed, and woke up my hubby to tell him there’s something in the living room.

He wasn’t amused and went back to sleep.

I couldn’t go to sleep after that and was lying awake in bed most of the night.

The one that really scared the hell out of me is when I was asleep one early morning and I felt someone grab my shoulder and shake me awake. I knew it was my husband but when I turned, nobody was there.

I started to think my husband was trying to scare me but when I got out of bed, I saw that he was taking a shower in his bathroom. The hairs on my arms stood up and I started to panic.

My husband kept insisting that it wasn’t him and after that I dreaded sleeping in the bedroom. There were also alot of times when I would be sitting on the couch and felt like I was being stared at.

Just a few months after the hummingbird was born, we moved and I was so happy to be out of that place.

Have you ever had a spooky experience? Do you have a favorite scary movie you like to watch on Friday the 13th?

~~~~~

Stephanie April 14, 2012 at 09:52

My husband (at the time fiance) and I visited his grandfather in Georgia and stayed overnight. My engagement ring had belonged to his grandmother who’d died the year before. We were sleeping in separate beds so I was alone, and in the middle of the night I woke up from a dead sleep to feel the engagement ring on my finger moving. Not in a “shift-as-you-sleep” way, but MOVE! I told Bill about it the next morning and he said it must have been his grandmother checking me out. We’d talked on the phone, but we’d never met. She must have approved of me!

, ,

6 Responses to Things that go bump in the night.

1. Monica DeLaCruz April 14, 2012 at 04:24 #

two haunted houses (one i had to live in, the other i just was a visitor), and one time when something/one (not from this world) made me almost pee my pants and run naked (well, almost – i had pajamas on) through the street. i am a scary-movie addict and fanatic, but real-life scary $hit? not so much a fan.

• Elle April 14, 2012 at 12:41 #

Same here! I love scary movies but it brings out my wild imagination.

2. Stephanie April 14, 2012 at 09:52 #

• Elle April 14, 2012 at 12:46 #

That is a really great story! 🙂

3. LeeAnne Curtis April 14, 2012 at 17:51 #

i worked at the Crescent Hotel during the time our little town shut down for the winter. I ran the front desk (basically answered the phone because we were closed for the 3 month winter period). I had heard the Crescent was haunted, but I had not had any problems until just before Christmas. I was alone in the building, around 6pm. I heard and saw the elevator rise to the top floor, open the door, close the door and come back down. I called my husband, who just happened to be a police officer, and he came and got me. I never went back to the Crescent Hotel after dark again.

• Elle April 16, 2012 at 20:05 #

That’s very The Shining-ish. Scary! I remember that hotel. When I was in Junior High, a friend and I went to one of the haunted rooms and I only lasted in there a few minutes. It was very creepy.