What’s For Lunch? Bento style

I’ve been forgetting to take photos of the hummingbird’s lunch but here are some from this month. Pretend you don’t see the bad food photography and hard water stains on the plates. :^)

Bento lunch #1: Banana bread (with chocolate chips) with peanut butter, granola bar, mini triscuits and cheese, kiwi, and broccoli and sliced carrots with ranch dressing.

Bento lunch #2: Amy’s bean burrito, tortilla chips and cheese, sliced carrots with ranch dressing, and apples with (despite it looking like crap) dip (peanut butter mixed with honey greek yogurt).

Bento lunch #3: Cubed monterey jack cheese wrapped in ham (wasn’t eaten), cherry tomatoes (she hasn’t touched them but I keep putting vegetables on her plate) homemade peanut butter granola (I made it but haven’t perfected it yet), sliced carrots with ranch dressing (the hummingbird usually just eats the ranch dressing), pirate’s booty, and sliced oranges.

Bento lunch #4: Amy’s bean burrito (my daughter seems to like it better when I take off some of the tortilla), tortilla chips and cheese, and kiwi and grapes.

~~~~~

*The plates are Kinderville bigger bites divided plates. They are deep which still makes for a mess but less of one than you’d normally have. I highly recommend them. This is where I say I’m not being paid to say I love these plates. If I was, I would’ve taken much better photos and been all artsy and shit.

, , ,

9 Responses to What’s For Lunch? Bento style

1. Monica DeLaCruz May 27, 2012 at 16:16 #

oooo! those lunches look YUMMO. and from your last post – i LOVE adele. she is awesome.

• Elle May 28, 2012 at 07:36 #

Thank you, sweetie!

2. Angie May 27, 2012 at 18:17 #

Those are great ideas! I feel like I feed my kid the same thing every day, and she isn’t getting enough variety.
    Angie recently posted..Big news!My Profile

• Elle May 28, 2012 at 07:38 #

The hummingbird is a picky eater so she pretty much eats the same thing every day too (or survives on air, lol) but I still try to give her variety. I’m determined to have her eat just one carrot if it kills me. 😉

3. Stephenie Stone May 27, 2012 at 19:00 #

WAY better than the lunches I pack for my son. 🙁

Where did you get the cute little toothpicks for the grapes?
    Stephenie Stone recently posted..Ready for BedMy Profile

• Elle May 28, 2012 at 07:48 #

I’m sure the hummingbird has some heel sandwiches in her future. 🙂 I couldn’t find the exact picks but I think I got them on Amazon. http://amzn.to/LBMY0Z

4. weezafish May 27, 2012 at 21:37 #

Yum Elle, will you make my lunches?! And what water stains?
    weezafish recently posted..Did We Learn Anything From The Recession?My Profile