Max and Ruby. What the fuck?!

I survived my daughter’s Elmo phase. I barely survived her Caillou phase that little fucker, and I welcomed the hummingbird’s Curious George phase.

Now she’s into Max and Ruby. Oh my fucking god, it’s the worst. You wouldn’t think something with sibling bunnies would be so horrifying but it is.

First off, that little shit Max is ALWAYS getting into something and whiny Ruby always has to bring him along everywhere.

The oddest thing is these bunnies don’t have any parents. What the fuck, bunnies? Where are your parents? They occassionaly have a grandmother that hops over from time to time but somebody, for the love of all things chocolate, call CPS on two orphaned bunnies.

I like to picture Max and Ruby’s parents running a meth lab down in the basement. That makes it much more entertaining when I’m stuck watching it with the hummingbird.

Another scenario I picture is some kind of sex club that Max and Ruby’s parents run downstairs. Freaky Deaky.

The one good thing about this show is that it puts my daughter in an “orphaned bunnies with meth head parents and a sex club in the basement” trance so I can get things done for a good 25 minutes.

So, I thank you little shits, Max and Ruby. Now, where the fuck are your parents???

, ,

15 Responses to Max and Ruby. What the fuck?!

1. Kraus House Mom August 12, 2012 at 17:38 #

My theory is that Ruby is really Max’s mother, Bunny Scouts is a cult that she got involved in and can’t get out. And Max id by far the grandmother’s favorite.
    Kraus House Mom recently posted..More Kraus Kid One (or more) LinersMy Profile

2. Angie August 12, 2012 at 18:28 #

I have not seen that show yet, and I think I am glad I haven’t.
    Angie recently posted..Baby FeverMy Profile

3. Christene August 12, 2012 at 19:37 #

Yep… now you know how I feel :)
    Christene recently posted..I Eat On The OutsideMy Profile

4. Sharron August 12, 2012 at 20:19 #

I will only watch this show with my toddler if I can drink wine during the viewing…I don’t care that its 8am…And seriously, where the hell are their parents? And I am generally amused at how they hop in and out of bed without bending… btw, their parents are busy making more children…its nearly Easter!
    Sharron recently posted..I’m an Olympian…"So Call Me Maybe"My Profile

5. L.A.C.E. August 12, 2012 at 23:25 #

bahahahaha My daughter calls it “Max and Roofie” roflmao
    L.A.C.E. recently posted..Summer DazeMy Profile

6. Kylie @kykaree August 13, 2012 at 00:05 #

I’ll never be able to watch it the same way again!
    Kylie @kykaree recently posted..The Day I Ran with Mo FarrahMy Profile

7. Stephanie August 13, 2012 at 04:01 #

When we moved we got rid of cable, so all we had was PBS on the antennae. When Caillou was about to come on I distract them and turn off the TV like it was my damn job. Now we have Netflix and they’ve recently discovered that there’s more out there than the Instant Queue I set up for them. And they’ve rediscovered Caillou. Damn.

8. Andra @ thedomesticproject August 13, 2012 at 06:16 #

Bwahaha, I agree with You SO much! In fact, I made a similar post back in May …. I lovingly titled it “Top 2 Cartoon Characters I Want To Bitchslap” (http://thedomesticproject.blogspot.ca/2012/05/top-2-cartoon-characters-i-want-to.html). Seriously, what the fuck? I fucking HATE Ruby and her “I’m so smart, everyone bow down to me” attitude. And I’ve decided that I hate her friend, Louise, even more. Grow some balls, bitch, and stand up to Ruby every once in a while. Fuck.
    Andra @ thedomesticproject recently posted..Oh, This Is HappeningMy Profile

9. Terri August 13, 2012 at 07:09 #

Oh I love that show! It’s one of the few things we actually like for our child to watch, and one of the few things we know she’s not going to learn something bad, mean or sarcastic off of.

10. Cyndi August 13, 2012 at 10:58 #

OMG I was crying I was laughing so hard! thank god I’m in an office alone! I’m 37 weeks pregnant and have a 3 yr old step daughter I very carfully choose which of the cartoons I can tolerate to have on. (and I thought I hated sports! which she loves too thanks to her father) this list includes Mickey Mouse clubhouse and Jake and the neverland pirates. Oh, And Jem. classic. Thats it.

I used to watch my niece though, who is now 10, and she was obsessed with Miffy bunny, now that is some cracked out shit there… Pretty sure halucinating while watching it would have almost made it entertaining, or make it make any sort of sense for that matter.
    Thanks for the pick me up!

11. Jen @ Bible Belt to Boulder August 13, 2012 at 11:22 #

My daughter has outgrown these shows, which seems like a good thing based on this description. But I’m still not sure any character could annoy me more than Angelina Ballerina, the whiniest character ever. Oy.
    Jen @ Bible Belt to Boulder recently posted..Outrunning depressionMy Profile

12. Stephenie Stone August 13, 2012 at 16:41 #

Ha, I have always wondered where their parents were. I have some sort of little issue with every show it seems. Little Bear and Toot and Puddle are too boring to me. Little Bill talks about kids doing bad things and I’m always wondering if my kid isn’t doing those things yet, what if he starts doing it because of this show? LOL It’s a good thing he doesn’t really like TV that much.
    Stephenie Stone recently posted..Ballerina Birthday PartyMy Profile

13. Gina August 13, 2012 at 21:56 #

Hilarious! If I wasn’t such a terrible mother who leaves her kids alone to watch such shows, I’d agree with you but I haven’t watched a minute of this. But now you’ve peaked my curiosity!!!

14. Veronica April 30, 2013 at 12:01 #

My 3 year old son likes to watch Max and Ruby and I’m like — WHY??? Let’s be honest, Ruby is a bossy you know what! And Max does whatever he wants to do. Max rarley (or doesn’t) use complete sentences. He points to what he wants and uses one word statements. I guess being the boy character my son identifies with him and in turn – starts to talk like him! It drives me absolutely nuts! He’ll point to his cup and say ” Drink” “Drink”. I’m like oh no hunny we use our words around here. LOL

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Before I had the hummingbird, I said no to having Hello Kitty and Princesses in the house. After, the house is covered in that shit. | This Is Mommyhood - May 7, 2013

[...] that the hummingbird hadn’t discovered her, especially since that little shit Caillou and Max And Ruby are awful [...]