My in-laws will be here next weekend. Fuck a duck!

I’m making plans to have myself be as scarce as possible while they’re here but I’m sure there will still be some lovely moments my mother-in-law and I can share.

Like her talking. to. me. very. slooooowly.

Also, putting down my skills as a mother and my skills domestically.

Fun fact….. the woman doesn’t even think I boil water the “right” way. I wish I was kidding

Luckily, I’ve come up with a quick escape route this time around and will keep myself as busy as possible while she’s here.

Don’t worry, I know I have to put in some face time with the in-laws. I’m sure something is bound to happen. Like this.

Do you have any in-law issues? Give me the goods…. ;^)

*Another fun fact…. watching Jaws when I was younger scarred me for life. I love the water but will even be worried that a shark will get me if I’m in a swimming pool. hehe

, , , ,

7 Responses to *Enter the Jaws theme music* …. Just when people thought it was safe to go back into their homes…the in-laws are coming to visit.

1. dysfunctional mom August 18, 2012 at 13:13 #

My ex-MIL is one of the main reasons her son is my EX-husband.
    She was ok when we first met & married because she was married and had a life.
    Then she got divorced and WE became her life. And the ex was too much of a wuss to put a stop to her BS.
    Her sister is just as bad….maybe worse? When my ex and I were having financial troubles, she called my parents and told them that I would be moving in with them and my then-husband would be moving in with his mother until we could get things straightened out. Without consulting us about this plan AT ALL.
    I SO do not miss those people!!
    dysfunctional mom recently posted..Because WE are the Griswolds!My Profile

2. Allison August 18, 2012 at 14:40 #

YES. We are on a ‘break’ from MIL right now…….for an indeterminate amount of time. I first started reading your blog months ago when I stumbled across your MIL posts. I can relate. COMPLETELY. You make me feel normal 🙂 I don’t have much exposure to other couples that have the intensity of problems we do with their MIL. I’ll be thinkin’ of you as you endure your house guests!
    Allison recently posted..Karen’s Rope WorkMy Profile

3. Stephenie Stone August 18, 2012 at 16:57 #

Ah you poor thing! I had the best MIL ever!…during my first marriage. Almost didn’t divorce the fucker just so I could keep my in-laws. However, for my second marriage…it’s a whole different ballgame. We don’t get along at all. And to add insult to injury, my 43 year old sister-in-law still lives with my in-laws and has never moved out, got a job or figured out how to take care of herself. My SIL and MIL sit in a corner and talk about me during family gatherings, and talk about how I mother my children wrong. Excuse me?! Oh well, it is the hell we must live with. Good luck!
    Stephenie Stone recently posted..Flower Ice CubesMy Profile

4. SM Johnson August 19, 2012 at 08:35 #

Well, at least it’s your mother-in-law. The pain in my rear is my actual mother. She has a million friends and she’s got impeccable manners and does many kind things for them. But she’s rude and sometimes downright mean and insulting to my brother and I, feels like she can say just anything to us.

And now that she’s 70, she feels I should call her every day to make sure she’s okay – even though she’s in very good health. So now I get a daily dose of mean and judgmental. Yay.
    SM Johnson recently posted..SM Johnson ~A Year of Sundays~ ch 14 pt 2My Profile

5. Alyssa August 19, 2012 at 17:44 #

Oh, oh, oh the things I could relate about my MIL and FIL. The fact that they are thieves and con artists is just the beginning. They are sick people who think that my husband rescued me from the streets (apparently I was a hooker). I do hope you were/are able to get away from the hell that will ensue 🙂 .
    Alyssa recently posted..Don’t drink with Gay Boys…My Profile

6. Angie August 19, 2012 at 18:42 #

I didn’t know you could boil water incorrectly. I am sorry you will have to deal with that craziness! I hope you make it out with your sanity!
    Angie recently posted..Vacation hangover?My Profile

7. Jen @ Bible Belt to Boulder August 22, 2012 at 21:14 #

Oh, I feel for you. Ironically, visits from my MIL? Completely fine. Visits from MY mother? Oy. Every time she leaves, I’m pretty sure we all need therapy.
    Jen @ Bible Belt to Boulder recently posted..Living in a swing stateMy Profile