Book suggestions: Dr. Seuss

I love reading Dr. Seuss to my 3 year-old and it’s one of the few time that she’ll actually stay still for a bit to listen. I started collecting Dr. Seuss books before the little hummingbird was born and enjoy all of them. Here are some of our favorites.

I Can Read With My Eyes Shut

This book is really great because it promotes reading and all the things you can learn from the written word.

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

I have so much fun reading this book to my daughter. It’s a must in your children’s library.

Fox In Sox

My husband loves reading this book because it’s some tongue twisting fun and he loves the the tweetle beetles.

Green Eggs And Ham

I’m not going to lie. When I read this sometimes, I skip pages because it can be so repetitive but this is still a great book.

Oh, The Thinks You Can Think

This is my all time favorite Dr. Seuss book with such a great message. When I read this with my daughter, I love that it shows if she sets her mind to something, she can accomplish anything.

The Cat In The Hat

This is such a classic and has recently been one of my daughter’s favorite bedtime reads.

What are some of your favorite Dr. Seuss books?

, , , ,

6 Responses to Book suggestions: Dr. Seuss

1. weezafish August 27, 2012 at 00:12 #

LOVE Dr Seuss, my eldest boy just loves the sillyness. I must add some to the collection though thanks for the tips Elle, we’ve never even seen ‘Oh The Thinks you Can Think” before and it sounds great.
    weezafish recently posted..Back to Normal & Bye Bye Aunty LauraMy Profile

2. Lisa August 27, 2012 at 09:06 #

I can read The Cat in the Hat with my eyes closed. This was an all time favorite at our house. My personal favorite: Are You My Mother?

3. monica August 27, 2012 at 11:44 #

we love dr. suess. so many favorites! horton hears a who, oh the places you will go, and i can think of so many more. just love them.
    monica recently posted..While I Was OutMy Profile

4. SM Johnson August 27, 2012 at 19:42 #

Oh, oh, oh! Our very favorite when IzzyG was the age of your hummingbird was The Foot Book. She knew it by heart, and we had certain voice inflections, and drawn-out words, etc and we’d laugh and giggle while we read. I must have read that book 2,000 times when she was 3. It was also one of the very first books she read out loud to me.

I meant to respond to your “who’s reading this blog” post – but I usually read your blog on my phone, and commenting is kind of a pain. I’m author SM Johnson, and I live in northern WI with my hubby and 9 year old hurricane girl IzzyG (formerly known as the Sprite, and who now has her OWN blog, http://izzygvids.blogspot.com). Love the hummingbird nickname – so sweet, yet so toddler-ish at the same time!
    SM Johnson recently posted..SM Johnson ~Bloody Monday~ True Blood?My Profile

• Jen August 28, 2012 at 13:09 #

We love The Foot Book too!

5. Grace August 30, 2012 at 05:35 #

Definitely Oh The Places You’ll Go – it’s more inspirational than any self-help book! When I have a child I plan to frame the pages on the walls all round their nursery.