Hydrating Body Butter

body-butterThis whipped body butter looks good enough to eat and the smell is divine. There are many different recipes out there for body butter but I made up this recipe on the fly. It only has 3 ingredients, coconut oil, avocado oil, and vanilla essential oil.

Coconut oil doesn’t clog pores and easily absorbs into the skin. Avocado oil is rich in vitamins and fatty acids and can help dry skin and eczema.

Enjoy!

What you’ll need:

3 tablespoons coconut oil

1 teaspoon avocado oil

essential oil

Directions:

Add the coconut, avocado, and essential oil in a medium bowl. I’m old school so I still use an electric hand mixer. Mix all the ingredients together until you get a light and fluffy consistency, kind of like cool whip.

Put in a clean and dry container with the lid tightly closed. This recipe makes approx. 2 ounces of body butter and should last several weeks.

, , , , ,

7 Responses to Hydrating Body Butter

1. Nikki P April 6, 2013 at 20:42 #

I was looking for something like this tonight and it showed up in my google feed! Thanks! My son has Keratosis Pilaris and from what I understand coconut oil will help it but apple cider vinegar will help as well. Anyway to incorporate the apple cider vinegar into the body butter? The amount I might try? Thanks again!

2. Elle April 7, 2013 at 11:02 #

Hi Nikki,

My daughter actually has the same skin condition. As far as the apple cider vinegar, I’ve never tried that before but I’ll make a single bottle of body butter today and slowly add the apple cider vinegar in over the next few days to see how much to use without it smelling like salad dressing. 🙂

I’ll let you know the amount I end up using. I’ll also look in my herbal books to see if there could be anything else I could add to the body butter.

Something over the counter we’ve been using for my daughter, her Keratosis Pilaris is worse on her arms, is Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. 🙂 xx

• Nikki P April 7, 2013 at 11:44 #

Thanks so much! He has one leg that is really bad. I am guessing I could avoid the vanilla for his recipe but add it to some for me! It nice to know what would be exactly going on his skin.

• Elle April 7, 2013 at 13:33 #

I’m still going to try one with the apple cider vinegar but you’ve got my brain thinking about this more and more so I’m looking into making a body butter with coconut oil, calendula, and one or 2 more things. 🙂

Thanks so much for putting the idea in my head. I love coming up with these skin care recipes. 🙂 I’ll keep you updated. I have to order a few products online and that will probably take at least a week before I get them. 🙂

3. Nikki P April 7, 2013 at 14:26 #

Glad I could help. 🙂 I have some bumps on my arms so I’m hoping it will help me as well. I have heard coconut oil and ACV will help with acne so it might help my face at the same time.

4. Nikki P April 7, 2013 at 15:03 #

Ooh. I forgot Sea Buckthorn oil. That is supposed to help as well. I think it gives it an orange smell also.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks