*If you have a writing prompt suggestion, please leave it in the comments or email me at elle dot mommyhood at gmail dot com.
This writing prompt is from Alyssa who blogs at The Wild, Weird World Of Us and it’s 18 things to say to your kids before they hit 18.
1. Please, PLEASE sleep.
2. You’re on mommy’s PMS cycle, aren’t you?
3. Why? Because. Why? Because. Why? Because. Why? ….
4. We need to get you to preschool. Get your shoes on, please. Did you change outfits again? Well, get your shoes on. Repeat 10 times. Get your jacket. No, you don’t need to start changing clothes again. Get your jacket on. Repeat 5 times. Where’s your other shoe? Get that shoe on. Repeat 10 times. Okay, let’s get going. Repeat 5 times. Sorry, it’s too late to braid your hair. Hey, where did your jacket go? You just had it on.
5. Mommy will be right back. Twitch. Twitch. She needs to go to the kitchen and get a glass of “mommy juice”.
6. Me: *cries* How did my baby get to be 4? Her: Silly mommy, I’m not a baby. Me: *sobs uncontrollably*
7. *Once they start school.* Why do I have more homework to do now that I’m out of school than I did when I was in school?
8. No, you can’t have a cell phone. You’re way too young.
9. *After incessant begging.* Fine, you can have a phone. But only for emergencies.
10. Will you get off the phone already?!
11. Go to your room! Just don’t use your computer, television, phone, iPod, kindle, gaming chair…. oh, nevermind! Go sit in the hall closet.
12. Don’t make me pull this car over!
13. Turn that music down!
14. Back in my day, they had “real” music.
15. Ask your father.
16. Sit your child down for the “big” talk. Have a serious and lengthy conversation about why Carrie should have chosen Aidan over Mr. Big. Use graphs, charts, and you tube videos if necessary.
17. If you’re going over to your friend’s house, I want the parent’s names, home address, social security numbers, car make and model, and their blood type. Oh yeah, and 3 references.
18. Why, yes! Of course I waited until I was 18 to have sex. Definitely. Ahem.
What would you add to the list?