Those unxpected moments.

chalk-paint66

chalk-paint333Just like most other things, this didn’t go as planned. Earlier today, I thought I would make this sidewalk chalk paint, sit on our patio and watch my 4 year-old paint, and relax a little while doing so.

Hahahaha!

I let the hummingbird help me make the chalk paint and we went outside.

I got her all set up, walked in for the camera, and a few minutes later, she accidentally knocked over the pan with the paints.

She took off her shoes and stomped around in it. My anal side came out and I thought “nooooo, this isn’t the way it’s supposed to go”.

Then I saw how much fun she was having and took the stick out of my ass. I enjoyed watching her stomp around in the paint and make footprints.

She ended up covered in the stuff and it was a quick bath since dinner was almost done. While I started writing this, I realized that it’s usually better when things don’t go as planned and most of my favorite memories are of those unplanned moments.

My point. If you’re a perfectionist like me and want EVERYTHING to always go right, push yourself a little and go outside the box.

Enjoy these unplanned moments that will most likely become some of your and your child’s favorite memories.

*Kelly Clarkson ~ Catch My Breathe

, , , ,

9 Responses to Those unxpected moments.

1. Rose Marie B June 3, 2013 at 20:31 #

Good job Mom…you’ve blessed both of you with this shift in attitude. 🙂

2. monica June 4, 2013 at 05:27 #

in this house it’s rare that anything ever goes the way I planned. I’ve had to learn over the years that if I just roll with the punches it’s a whole lot less stressful. as usual, love the photos.
    monica recently posted..I’d like to thank my mom and God…oh, wait….My Profile

3. Angie June 4, 2013 at 06:55 #

I have to do the same thing! My kid likes to dump the paints and jump in the puddles. I have to hold my tongue and just let her do it. The anal side of me says to stop, but I know she is having fun so I let it go. It looks like she had a blast!
    Angie recently posted..AnxietyMy Profile

4. Megly Mc June 4, 2013 at 14:17 #

Agreed…some of the best things in life are the ones you didn’t see coming. Unless, it’s a bus…those suck. 🙂
    Megly Mc recently posted..Yet another post in which I am wearing no pants.My Profile

5. Marianna Annadanna June 5, 2013 at 10:25 #

Chalk PAINT?! So fun Especially for feet stomping.
    Marianna Annadanna recently posted..Our love story will freak your freakMy Profile

6. Christene June 5, 2013 at 15:34 #

I need to take a cue from you… I don’t think I could abandon the part of me that would never allow that…

7. Jen June 6, 2013 at 13:40 #

Oh, I really, really need to get better at that. I have such a hard time letting things like that just happen, rather than trying to “fix” them.
    Good for you (and your daughter)!
    Jen recently posted..The Supreme WaitMy Profile

8. Kate June 10, 2013 at 18:31 #

Looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing. Such great photos!
    Kate recently posted..Oatcakes: An Assembly of PeculiaritiesMy Profile

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 20 Activities To Keep Your Kids Occupied This Summer - What The Flicka? - July 2, 2014

[…] 8. Have fun with liquid sidewalk chalk. […]