July 2nd will be my 3 year “blogoversary” and I can’t believe it’s been that long. It’s probably the stress of our upcoming move in 2 weeks but I’ve been feeling burned out and thought seriously about pulling the plug a few times. Not just 0n this blog but with writing all together.
But fuck that. I love you people too much. And I sincerely thank you for reading all of my rambling. Hopefully this writing funk will pass soon. Plus I have some guest bloggers coming up which will help me take a little time off.
There’s still an invitation to guest post if you’d like. Any topic, blog or no blog. Email me at email@example.com
Okay, let’s see what I’ve learned since I started blogging.
2. I will never be a popular blogger. But considering the pricks and trolls (see above) you get when you get a crazy amount of people coming to your blog, just to be a dick, that is totally fine by me.
3. Write whatever the hell you want. People either don’t know this or never believe me but I am so, so painfully shy in real life and pretty quiet… until you get to know me. So, my blog is where I write about all the things I’ve been wanting to say but haven’t been able to in my real life.
4. If you’re writing and stop yourself, not sure you should say something, write it anyway. Whatever you do, DO NOT hold back.
5. If you want to remain anonymous and not worry about what others think, don’t tell anyone (well, maybe with the exception of your spouse) in your real life that you have a blog. I made that mistake.
6. Don’t worry about your blog stats. Easier said than done, I know. It can take time for them to go up.
7. You need to have patience for your blog to get off the ground. If you write it, they will come.
8. Reply to comments. I have really been sucking at that. It counts if I do it telepathically though, right? It also has to do with my shyness. I feel like I’ll be such a dork in my replies.
9. Most of the time, I still have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to blogging.
10. When I write, I do it like I would be talking to my best friend. So, I don’t hold back and may give way too much info.
Yeah, so this may not be much help but even after all this time, I’m still trying to figure this blogging thing out.
On Wednesday, I received the lovely comment below on the post, My Husband Likes To Steal Other People’s Cats In His Spare Time, which I wrote almost 2 years ago. While it’s nice to get a steady stream of traffic to your blog, it also comes with more idiots. But I had a pretty good laugh over it. I wanted to ask her if her parents knew she was using the computer unsupervised and to stay in school. But I went with something else.