I’m baking up a baby hummingbird.

So, yeah, this happened. And there I was on Twitter not long ago, going on about only wanting one child and that I was done.

oh-baby1oh-baby2

I started feeling pukey and kind of off but thought the stress of our move was a big part of it. Then I peed on a stick. Positive. I peed on another stick. Positive. Wow.

baby-2

I’ll be honest. Because of the awful experience I had with the doctors throughout my pregnancy and delivery of the hummingbird, I’m scared and full of anxiety about possibly going through that again. But I think it’s doubtful and I need to keep good thoughts. Another great thing about moving to Maine is we’re not required to see military doctors! Halle-fucking-lujah!!

I was going to save this news, especially since I’m early in the pregnancy (and because of the miscarriage I had a few years ago just a few days after announcing I was pregnant) but this isn’t something I could keep to myself for the next few months.

I’m feeling really overwhelmed with everything going on but giddy at the same time. I really want this baby so bad, even though I kept on telling myself that one is plenty.

Now run for cover before my crazy ass pregnancy hormones kick in!

*Kings Of Leon ~ Knocked Up

, , , , , ,

32 Responses to I’m baking up a baby hummingbird.

1. Holly June 22, 2013 at 19:15 #

Congratulations! My husband and I are expecting our first, in August. We live in Maine and my doctors are FAN-TAS-TIC. So, I hope yours do too!

• Elle June 28, 2013 at 00:35 #

Thank you, Holly! And congrats on your little one. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Holly June 22, 2013 at 19:16 #

Yours ARE too. Not, yours do too. Gah!

3. monica June 22, 2013 at 19:40 #

OH MY JEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE CONGRATS, ELLE!!! this is so awesome! best of luck to you sweet lady! hoping for the best of health and the greatest of docs. xoxo!
    monica recently posted..June 16. Do you know where your brain is?My Profile

• Elle June 28, 2013 at 00:36 #

Thanks, Monica!

4. kate June 22, 2013 at 19:50 #

Congratulations Elle!
    kate recently posted..Rats and Journals, Tricksters and RevolutionMy Profile

• Elle June 28, 2013 at 00:37 #

Thanks so much, Kate! xo

5. Angie June 22, 2013 at 19:55 #

Congratulations!
    Angie recently posted..4 weeks!My Profile

• Elle June 28, 2013 at 00:42 #

Thank you my dear! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. CyndyBush June 22, 2013 at 19:59 #

=) Congrats. Hummingbirds are beautiful, you can never have too many.
    I hope this pregnancy is 1000% better than the last one! cc

• Elle June 28, 2013 at 00:37 #

I hope so too… thank you!

7. Poppy June 22, 2013 at 21:18 #

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!!!

• Elle June 28, 2013 at 00:38 #

Thank you, Poppy! xo

8. Stephenie June 22, 2013 at 21:30 #

Congratulations!!! I am really hoping and wishing the best for you in this pregnancy and I really hope it is as worry free and pain free as possible!
    Stephenie recently posted..Tuesday Confessional- My Experience with Sexual HarassmentMy Profile

• Elle June 28, 2013 at 00:39 #

Thank so much! xx

9. Nicole June 23, 2013 at 01:16 #

How exciting! I’m sure it will work out better this time around xx
    Nicole recently posted..Great Reads Round UpMy Profile

• Elle June 28, 2013 at 00:39 #

Thanks, Nicole! I’m hoping for the best! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Stephanie June 23, 2013 at 04:16 #

Congratulations!

11. from Novels to Board Books June 23, 2013 at 06:46 #

Congratulations! I wish you all the best.
    from Novels to Board Books recently posted..Goodbye, Stephen. Hello, Margaret!My Profile

12. Paige Hudson-Garcia June 23, 2013 at 07:57 #

Congrats! Hoping for a very happy, healthy pregnancy and delivery. Can’t wait to hear the new stories about how the hummingbird feels about this!

13. Emily June 23, 2013 at 11:11 #

Wishing you an easy move, the best new Drs ever and a happy, healthy pregnancy and baby hummingbird!

14. Jill @ Mormon Surrogate June 23, 2013 at 15:27 #

Congratulations! I hope it is a smooth, uneventful pregnancy.
    Jill @ Mormon Surrogate recently posted..It’s Beta Day Hip Hip Hooray! (5/21/13) Journey #4My Profile

15. LeeAnne Curtis June 23, 2013 at 16:45 #

Congratulations! Praying for a healthy pregnancy, “EXCELLENT” doctors, and an easy move to Maine!
    LeeAnne Curtis recently posted..Noah's Ark Tee Shirt by LeeannesCreationsMy Profile

16. KShaw June 24, 2013 at 06:46 #

Lots of hugs, and prayers for a calm and easy pregnancy, and that you find a doctor or midwife who will listen to you and take the very best care of you! Cheers to the hummingbird, who gets to be a big sister! Perhaps this will be the answer to fully healing from the trauma of your first experience. I have read and reread your first birth story and honestly would feel the same about going through that again. (heck, my first was pretty textbook, and when I found out I was pregnant with #2, I had a day of absolute panic and flipped out, telling my husband “You mean I have to give birth AGAIN?? nope, not gonna do it!”)
    Everyone is different, every birth is different, and you will be a rockstar!

17. Rachel June 24, 2013 at 06:51 #

Congratulations to you and your family! I think you will have a better experience in Maine with non-military docs. Will keep you in my prayers for a safe and happy pregnancy.

18. Marie June 24, 2013 at 07:08 #

Congratulations! Hope its delightfully easy pregnancy with no heartburn and healthy food cravings ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Maine Mummy June 24, 2013 at 09:16 #

CONGRATULATIONS! Maine Med is a GREAT place to have a baby. Had both of mine there and all the docs and nurses were great. Except for the nurse with my first baby who on my first night woke me up what seemed like every ten minutes for blood pressure checks. She made up for it the next night by dealing with the tarlike newborn poop!

20. Megly Mc June 24, 2013 at 22:21 #

Awwww congrats!!! I delivered in a military hospital the first time, but I was saved because I had civvy midwives. The uniformed drs were a nightmare in OB.

Best wishes to you!!! xoxoxo
    Megly Mc recently posted..Justifiable Who-i-cide.My Profile

21. Fran June 25, 2013 at 14:55 #

Congrats and enjoy every moment….well, as much as the hormones will allow!

22. Kitty June 26, 2013 at 13:09 #

Congratulations! seems to be the year of babies, everyone I know is having one (except me, sigh) Wishing lots of health and vitality on the baby hummingbird!
    Kitty recently posted..TentaclesMy Profile

23. Olivia June 26, 2013 at 18:13 #

here. read this. takes all the doctor ick away, and might leave you with a smooth-powerful-less- medical pregnancy

Gentle birth, gentle mothering. Sarah J Buckley

24. pamela June 26, 2013 at 20:18 #

Doing the dance of joy for you!! Now don’t jinx me cuz I am waaaay too old to do that again. lol (even though we took care of that after baby #2)

Lot of happy, healthy goo juju coming your way.