Maybe she’ll be an aerial acrobat when she grows up?

aerial-silk1

The little curtain climber.

The little curtain climber.

While the “fuck you” 4’s have been challenging with the little hummingbird, it’s also been hilarious and mind boggling. I don’t have a great poker face so I usually have to leave the room while I laugh hysterically and pee my pants because of the little bird’s antics.

Last week, my daughter climbed up on the air conditioner in our hotel room and then started playing with the curtains. It seemed innocent at first since she was mostly opening and closing them.

Then she discovered the curtain stick closer thingamabobs. She started lifting herself up by them and made a reach for the curtains. My husband scolded her and told her to get down.

Like the hummingbird she is, once we thought she was about to get down, she pulled a quick one on us and was raising herself off of the a/c while reaching for the curtains. She got up on the curtains pretty damn high.

Sidenote: I’m sure my mom is enjoying the payback right about now.

I was in giggle mode by that point and very impressed with her ballsy behavior so I tried to tame the giggling while my husband scolded her again and put her in a time out.

It was one of those moments when you have to put on a “mean mom” face but at the same time your thinking damn, my kid has skills. I loved her tenacity.

That’s when I lost it and had to leave the room because I was laughing so hard.  She’s quite a little spark plug.

And while I’ve heard of people saying things like oh hell, the kids will be climbing the curtains, I never actually thought kids really did that sort of thing.

Lesson learned!

What have been some things your little spark plugs have done that impressed you or made you giggle, yet you had to use the “mean mom” face without trying to laugh?

*Pink

, , ,

8 Responses to Maybe she’ll be an aerial acrobat when she grows up?

1. LynnMarie July 17, 2013 at 13:25 #

My little kiddo has the best responses when I’m trying to put my game face on with her. My top two favorites include:
    Me: “Kiddo, I have to tell you, I’m very frustrated right now. If we are going to go have fun at the park, I need you to be a better listener.”
    Kiddo (3yrs): “Mama, thank you for using your words to tell me your feelings.”
    and
    Me: “Kiddo, you are not being a good listener!!”
    Kiddo: “You have a beautiful mouth.”

2. Janelle July 17, 2013 at 19:49 #

If its there,they will climb. Love this story.You used to climb on crap I never thought possible. My gray hair, thank you daughter. Pay back is really fun

3. Lynn Arnold-Jacques July 19, 2013 at 13:01 #

Ok, I’m sorry. Mostly to the dog. But I cannot stop laughing when my kids fart on the dog’s head. I try to do the poker face, aw be nice to the dog, that’s so rude thing. I don’t know why I get the giggles so terribly. I’m awful. Perhaps it’s because the dog is the worst offender of airspace. I dunno.
    Lynn Arnold-Jacques recently posted..All cultured up. For now.My Profile

4. Sarah July 19, 2013 at 15:03 #

Kiddo: Mummy why you sit down
    Me: I’m peeing honey
    Kiddo: Mo mummy you stand
    Me: No honey, mummy sits
    Kiddo: NO! You stand
    Me: Mummy doesn’t have a penis honey, I have to sit
    Kiddo: No Penis? You show me!

5. Megly Mc July 19, 2013 at 21:22 #

There is nothing worse than when you have to use the mean face, and you can’t stop laughing.

If it makes you feel ANY better, when my twins were 19 months old, I found one of them standing on the refrigerator. It went downhill from there. 🙂
    Megly Mc recently posted..Tag It and Bag It.My Profile

6. Stephenie July 21, 2013 at 00:32 #

I can’t even begin to list how many things have been broken in our home…
    Stephenie recently posted..M&M Birthday Party!My Profile

7. Lena Cochrane July 22, 2013 at 01:18 #

When kids use the F word.
    When the two year old I babysit asked me if that was his “junk” while pulling up his pants.
    When my 7 year old came in our room naked and his dad said he was tired of seeing his penis so he covered it with his hands and said “but now you can’t see it” instead of getting underwear.

8. Stephanie July 26, 2013 at 19:55 #

Overheard from the backseat while driving home yesterday:

R: When I pretend I’m a mom I pretend I’m a widow.

Me: ?????
    After containing my laughter I asked, “Why?”

Rachael: Because no one will be the dad, not even my BROTHER. (I could feel the glares all the way from the back seat.) So I have to be A WIDOW!

Well, OK, then.