Zesty Lemon Bars

lemon-bars1

Let’s just cut the chit chat and make some motherfucking Zesty Lemon Bars!

• ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • ½ cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 large egg yolks
  • 1 can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • ¾ cup fresh lemon juice (from 4 lemons)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides; butter paper. This makes the bars come out of the pan easier, but it is not necessary.
  3. Cream butter, confectioners’ sugar, and salt until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add flour, and mix just until combined.
  4. Press dough into the bottom and ½ inch up sides of prepared pan. Prick all over bottom with a fork. Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
  5. Whisk together egg yolks, condensed milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pour over hot crust and bake until filling is set, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
  6. Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar for serving.
  7. Enjoy!

*Bittersweet Symphony

, , , ,

6 Responses to Zesty Lemon Bars

1. monica July 26, 2013 at 21:04 #

oh………YUM!

2. Holly July 27, 2013 at 18:32 #

Those look and sound amazing. Everything is better with lemon.

3. Megly Mc July 27, 2013 at 20:07 #

I blame you for the fat that is about to creep onto my ass, just from reading that.
    Megly Mc recently posted..I Am a Sentimental Ingrate.My Profile

4. Lynn July 30, 2013 at 12:23 #

You are an evil, evil woman. *adds ingredients to shopping list*

5. Marianna Annadanna August 2, 2013 at 17:34 #

I don’t bake. Or cook. But I did enjoy looking at this photo.
    Marianna Annadanna recently posted..Dear FraggleMy Profile

6. Lynn Arnold-Jacques August 2, 2013 at 18:30 #

For the other pathetic celiacers out there… yay, my people… I made this heavenly goodness using Pamela’s baking mix subbed for the flour and it was AWESOME. I’m pretty sure I heard the angels sing as I took my first bite. Or maybe it was an orgasm. Either way…
    Lynn Arnold-Jacques recently posted..Stuff that cracked me up this weekMy Profile