While I was pregnant with the hummingbird, I couldn’t imagine having to be without her once she started elementary school. Then she turned 4 and I’m giddy about the thought.
I’ve been looking forward to her full time elementary school days more that I probably should. Also, she’s become very excited as she has been watching the school bus drop off the kids in our neighborhood. She’s already met her gym teacher she’ll have, who lives close to us.
And she adores Olivia and Jeremy (not their real names) who live down the street and are school age. Since they started school a few days ago, the little hummingbird really can’t wait for kindergarten.
What I’m looking forward to …
10. The quiet. Squeee!
9. I can go grocery shopping by myself. Yes, I’m excited about buying groceries without my 4 year-old whining the whole time. Omg, I’m old and have no life.
8. I can eat food without sharing.
7. Having to watch her morning fix of Max and Ruby makes me want to stab myself in the face.
6. Halle-fucking-lujah, she’ll be in school for the day and I will be able to pursue writing more often.
4. I’ll finally be able to drink my coffee in peace.
3. More naps.
2. If she stays home much longer, she would probably be schooled with charts, graphs, and lectures on why Carrie should have chosen Aidan over Mr. Big rather than actual school stuff.
1. I will be able to poop in peace without the hummingbird pushing me off the toilet seat to look in the toilet and then clapping while saying “Yay mommy!!”