In The Mix

The baby bird has been doing really well and I have my first ultrasound in a week and a half. I think I’ll feel much more relief that everything’s okay once I see him/her, The hummingbird is going along with us since it’s a late appointment and I was talking about it with her. She was mostly concerned about how loud it was going to be.

I told her we’ll hear the heartbeat but it shouldn’t be too loud. Then, after talking with her for a while, I found that her main concern was hearing the baby cry in my tummy. Lol.

I’ve been really, REALLY sick because of my constant morning sickness which is why my blog has been sparse lately. I met my ob/gyn earlier this week and she put me at ease, which is a huge change from when I was pregnant with the little bird.

One thing my doctor told me was that I have hyperemesis gravidarum (excessive morning sickness). At first it sounded like a spell from Harry Potter. She was concerned that I’ve lost too much weight in the past few weeks and basically told me to eat whatever I want to bring my weight back up. A woman’s dream, right? Except pretty much everything makes me sick or doesn’t sound appetizing at all.

Of course that would be the case. Being told you can eat WHATEVER you want when you can’t even keep anything down. The only thing I can really keep down are strawberries, blueberries, and iced tea. So, I’m sure the weight will be back up in no time. Ha!

I have an anti-nausea I’m on but it’s been doing very little. Dr. Awesome will see how I’m doing at my ultrasound check-up and go from there. I’ve been trying my hardest to eat what I can because after reading about hyperemesis gravidarum, it seems if it gets too bad, they may put you on bed rest or maybe even hospitalize you. Here’s hoping this morning sickness stops being such an asshole.

My husband and I are having a date night in Boston on Friday. The hummingbird is staying the night over at a neighbor’s which will be the first time ever. She seems excited and I’m freaking out at the thought of not being able to give her good night kisses and checking in on her before I go to bed. I know she’ll be fine though. But I am a little worried that she might not be and will want to go home the same night.

I remember a few sleepovers when I was little and got really homesick, so I had my mom pick me up. Of course with us being in Boston, that will be hard to do but cheers to all going well.

I’m trying to write more and do it more frequently again but this crappy nausea is really kicking my ass big time. I just don’t remember it being so severe when I was pregnant with the little hummingbird. I really miss writing and I’m going to start forcing myself to write anyway, no matter how bad I feel since writing has always made me feel better in the past.

And no, I promise I won’t tell you how many times I had to stop writing this little post because I’ve gotten sick. le sigh.

I keep having to tell myself this means the baby bird is growing and getting stronger every day and that it will be so worth it at the end.

Lorde ~ Royals

, , , , , , ,

14 Responses to In The Mix

1. Lisa October 11, 2013 at 13:13 #

Morning sickness BLOWS. Hope you feel better soon.

• Elle October 14, 2013 at 11:08 #

Thanks, Lisa!

2. Jennifer @ Also Known As...the Wife October 11, 2013 at 19:57 #

I don’t know how women handle constant morning sickness. All I ever had to deal with was that sour stomach feeling.

I’m still sticking with my guess that all this morning sickness and your high beta numbers means two baby birds. 🙂
    Jennifer @ Also Known As…the Wife recently posted..Closing Up ShopMy Profile

• Elle October 14, 2013 at 11:09 #

It’s only a week until I find out how many baby birds are in there. 😉

3. LeeAnne Curtis October 11, 2013 at 20:37 #

Morning sickness SUCKS, big time! To help with the weight gain, you might try banana/strawberry smoothies, home made of course!! Throw in a tablespoon of brewers yeast and drink 3 times per day. That is what helped me. I used whole milk, but you can use soy, almond, etc. I also used frozen strawberries to thicken it up or you can use ice cubes. I agrew with Jennifer – so sick HAS to mean you are 1.) Princess Kate in disguise (she ended up in the hospital with Prince George with severe morning sickness) 2.) you have 2 buns in the oven. Either way – I have put you on our prayer list at church!!
    LeeAnne Curtis recently posted..Dress and Capris in sizes 1/2 – 7 by LeeannesCreationsMy Profile

• Elle October 14, 2013 at 11:10 #

I wouldn’t mind being Princess Kate. Lol! Her hair always looks gorgeous. x

• LeeAnne Curtis October 14, 2013 at 15:42 #

The last partial photo I saw of you, your hair not only looked gorgeous, but framed your face beautifully! Princess Kate doesn’t have anything on you – you are a beautiful blonde “Jellybean”.

4. monica October 11, 2013 at 20:58 #

glad they are giving you something for it. I had morning sickness every single day for three months (almost exactly) with all four pregnancies. it sucked. plus it wasn’t just morning sickness – it was all day sickness. despite that I managed to gain weight so it was never critical – just a pain in the a$$. ;o) hope you get to feeling better soon and delighted that little bit is growing and healthy!!!
    monica recently posted..Short list.My Profile

5. Angie October 12, 2013 at 09:30 #

I hope you feel better soon! Morning sickness sucks.
    Angie recently posted..Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween PartyMy Profile

• Elle October 14, 2013 at 11:11 #

Thanks, sweetie! xo

6. Jennifer October 12, 2013 at 17:40 #

My BFF had hypermesis with both of her boys and it is no joke. Morning sickness pales in comparison- please take good care of yourself and stay as hydrated as you can (easier said than done). Hope it lightens up!

• Elle October 14, 2013 at 11:08 #

Thank you, Jennifer. You’re so right… it’s beyond regular morning sickness. xoxo

7. Maria October 17, 2013 at 04:10 #

I hope you feel better soon! I didn’t have nausea and morning sickness, but heartburn has been my constant companion since week 18 and the little chalk-tasting tablets do nothing to ease the horrible burn. Also means I haven’t been eating a lot, so no weight gain to speak of, 3kg so far and now we’re going on week 30!
    But what I really wanted to comment was your choice of song! I live in New Zealand and we are sooo excited about Lorde, she is amazing and only 16! Just won a songwriting award for that song. I love it =)
    All the best
    Maria recently posted..Week 29 – Squash babyMy Profile

• Elle October 17, 2013 at 11:49 #

Hi Maria! Omg, I absolutely love Lorde and drive my husband crazy by playing that song. Lol! xo
      Elle recently posted..Hands off the boobs!My Profile