We were supposed to get hit by another blizzard over the weekend but it was a bust. Good thing, since it seems like it will take all summer for the snow to melt here.
Here’s a tasty treat to make for these cold days.
6 ounces cream cheese
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups chopped pecans
Some semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F
2. Grease 24 normal sized cupcake or muffin cups
3. To Make Crust: In medium mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and 1 cup butter until light and fluffy. Blend in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, forming a smooth dough.
4. Roll into 24 equal balls and press one into each greased cup so it lines the bottoms and sides, like a pie crust. If you have a cup that will fit into the muffin cups, you can put some pam or flour on it, and push the cup into the dough ball, so you don’t have to form all the crusts by hand.
4. Now, take the chocolate morsels, and put 6 to 10 in each cup, depending on how much chocolate you want in them.
5. To Make Filling: In a medium mixing bowl, cream together 1/4 cup butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until thoroughly blended. Stir in vanilla. Stir in pecans. Fill each lined cup half full.
6. Bake in oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool in cups, then use a butter knife to flip each tart out.
7. Set them on cooling racks until completely cooled. Store in airtight container.