I’ve been eating healthier-ish while still eating the things I love, just less of it. I usually crave Mexican food and these enchiladas are so great and satisfying. Enjoy!
(Tip: One enchilada is approx. 275 calories and 8 grams of fat.)
- • 16 oz. fat-free sour cream
- • 1 can low-fat or fat-free cream of chicken soup
- • 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro (1/2 tbsp. dried… but splurge on the fresh stuff because yum)
- • 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- • 1 can Mexican Rotel
- • 8 low carb tortillas
- • 1 cup shredded monterey jack and colby cheese blend
- • 1 can diced green chiles (I don’t care for them and leave them out)
In a saucepan, mix together sour cream, soup and cilantro on medium heat. This may start to boil quickly and make a hot mess if you don’t keep stirring. Heat through and set aside.
Combine the chicken, rotel, and green chiles in a pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Warm for a few minutes to blend the flavors and juices. Warm the tortillas until flexible. I microwave them for 10 seconds sandwiched between two damp paper towels.
Fill each tortilla with about 2 tbsp. of the chicken mixture. Top with about 1/2-1 tablespoon of cheese. Roll the tortilla up and place seam side down in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
Pour the sour cream sauce over enchiladas. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.